What's new

Silver Star or Lord Platinum

I purchased 100 Silver Stars recently and they compare nicely to the GSB and Israeli reds already in my rotation,especially since they are less than half the price. I now want to take a good look at the other lord offerings, and the lord platinum seems to be the most mentioned. Can someone with a few LP shaves under their belt provide some insight?

Thanks in advance

Lord Plats are good, everyday shavers for me. Decent and economical blades. Nothing spectacular, and at least for my face a clear notch below Silver Stars in performance, smoothness, and sharpness. I've pretty much decided not to replace my small stock of Lord Plats when I run out of them, but I could certainly use them if they were all I had without any issue.

In my limited foray into the Lord world I prefer the Lord Racers over the Plats, but they are still below the Silver Stars. I had a few pleasant shaves with the Lord Classic as well, but haven't used enough of them to make a decision about them versus a Plat.

YMMV and everything like that.

PM me and if you are in the US I can send you a few Lord Plats to test.

I love the Lord Platinum blades. Tied for first place for me with Shark Platinum and Bic Chrome Platinum.
You can keep on trying every blade brand on an endless journey, which is perfectly fine, or discover a blade that works great for you and be satisfied that you found a smooth and sharp blade.
I was in the first category for a few years, then decided I was done always trying to find the next best thing I may have not tried yet.

I love the Lord Platinum blades. Tied for first place for me with Shark Platinum and Bic Chrome Platinum.
You can keep on trying every blade brand on an endless journey, which is perfectly fine, or discover a blade that works great for you and be satisfied that you found a smooth and sharp blade.
I was in the first category for a few years, then decided I was done always trying to find the next best thing I may have not tried yet.
Exactly my plan with the silver stars, the product checks all the boxes for me, just curious if the mfg had a sharper /smoother offering but it appears I stumbled onto their top rated blade.
Good to know.

Blades may be the most YMMV aspect of ‘traditional wet shaving.’

That said, for me the Silver Stars are the pick of the Lord litter! By far the best! :thumbup: :thumbup:

@phelix
I've shave with a few of the Lord branded blades and though they were pretty good blades but they weren't the best from Lord, that would be a toss up between the Silver Star and Shark blades... I have been a Shark user since getting into DE shaving back in 2016 starting with the Super Stainless and used those most of the time and was what I measured all others to until sometime in early 2018 when I tried a Super Chrome which is my go to blade now. They are what has worked the best for me and are a perfect match in my Ti Timeless. I have tried the Platinum blade but it really didn't agree with me and I would put it behind the Super Stainless. I would put the Silver Star at the top with the Super Chrome and may one day pick up some more but I have enough SC and SS to last me the next 10yrs probably as I only shave every other day...

I really like the Shark Super Stainless. No they are not the sharpest blade out there. But they smooth out after a couple of shaves and stay at that level for many many shaves. Only change them out when the razor and blade looks a little sad which is normally after around 2 weeks. Very seldom they give me nicks in any of my razors. Try them out I think they are one of cheaper blades from Lord.

Top Bottom