What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

1578839181772.png

We drivers in the Circle of Commitment have made a solemn promise to each other to survive through the first quarter check-in. In return, we will have the opportunity to win some PIF's as well as eternal gratitude from the other drivers.

Here is the rub. If ANYONE drops out, the PIFs stop for the year.

There have already been two PIFs: 100 Astra SP blades, and a stick of Tabac. Three more soaps are coming at the end of the quarter. Three additional surprise PIFs are in the works for the first quarter. One is for a razor (not a Wolfman).

Some of us opted to be ineligible for the PIFs while still making the first quarter commitment. They are an example to us that it's feasible to commit that far ahead.

If you would like to join, add your name to the list by midnight, Jan 14, 2020. The first person to commit can start the list with a reply to this post.

I know I'm 11 days late, but after a quick inventory check I have enough stock to last more than one year 😀
I've got
Blades for Shavette,
Derby Professional half blades X 143
Shark SS half blades X 100
Blades for Parker Semi Slant,
Voskhod Teflon X 98
Astra Green X 37
Ladas X 41

Arko soap sticks X 9
Arko soap in tub X 2
Arko aftershave cream X 4
Hey, Mark, good to see you here. From the looks of it, your case is very mild compared to many here.

View attachment 1051937

We drivers in the Circle of Commitment have made a solemn promise to each other to survive through the first quarter check-in. In return, we will have the opportunity to win some PIF's as well as eternal gratitude from the other drivers.

There have already been two PIFs: 100 Astra SP blades, and a stick of Tabac. Three more soaps are coming at the end of the quarter. Three additional surprise PIFs are in the works for the first quarter. One is for a razor (not a Wolfman).

Some of us opted to be ineligible for the PIFs while still making the first quarter commitment. They are an example to us that it's feasible to commit that far ahead.

If you would like to join, add your name to the list by midnight, Jan 14, 2020. The first person to commit can start the list with a reply to this post.
Wow! I was just tempted to pick up another razor after reading another thread where they were extolling its virtues. Good thing I came to my senses in time!
:a13:

View attachment 1051937

I'm happy to be in the circle of commitment, but respectfully not in for the PIFs. My understanding of the leap year sabbatical is that would put me out.

Thanks!

I'm happy to be in the circle of commitment, but respectfully not in for the PIFs. My understanding of the leap year sabbatical is that would put me out.

Thanks!

You are correct. I'm in the circle, but out for the PIFs, too.

Except for the next two PFSs, I'll be able to substitute a non-shaving PIF from Amazon.

I guess I am in the same boat. I am happy to remain on the circle but would like to be removed from the eligible for PIF list.

Ruckin

View attachment 1051937

I’m in it for the long haul. I’ll commit as well.

View attachment 1051937

New Member signup:

21. 02flhtci

1578855537412.png

New members are also eligible. Prize substitutions for non-shaving gear are allowed.

I ordered extra razor blades because I hadn't decided yet which ones to use for the 10-year 2020s restraint. Gillette Wilkinson Swords are indistinguishable from Astra SPs. However, they don't last as many shaves for me. This is important to me because I'm in the Excalibur Club.

The PIF goes until midnight, Jan 14, 2020. In order to be in the drawing, the drivers must write a 150-word post about shaving based on this article.

Focusing Illusion
Daniel Kahneman

150 words means exactly 150 words. I recommend using WordCounter - Count Words & Correct Writing - https://wordcounter.net/

Successful writers can join the Exactly 150-word essay club.

I am out for all pifs and extra commitments. Who knew that making a joke about sniffers’ row would get me included in a commitment circle where I had unbeknownst to me made a solemn promise to my new brethren.

But heck, I will make it to March 31 and beyond, so if you want me in this circle of commitment, sign me up. Just so long as it’s on the record that my solemn promise starts with the words “but heck.”

SOTD (# 7/2020)
12-01-2020

20200112_095231-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso White preshave cream
Brush: Shavemac Synthetic 24/52
Soap: Stirling Soap "Executive Man"
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Wilkonson Sword /Germany (5)
Postshave: ice cold german tap water, Stirling Soap "Executive Man" AS...

... I truly enjoyed my Sunday shave.
EM, being a dupe of Creed's Aventus, is one of my favourite scent profiles - this is why I have bought not only EM but also some more takes on this scent profile from other artisans as well. I haven't used them all as of yet, but I will take the sabbatical time to review them accordingly and to find out which I like best. That will be fun - since this scent is plain and simple awesome!

JAHE - still in

Last edited:
But we all only like the articles, don't we?
:lol1::lol1::lol1:
No lie. I was in an antique store few years ago and they had a playboy magazine in Braille, you know for the blind. Guess they had it better than us, they could not only read the articles but cop a feel as well.

View attachment 1052063
In order to be in the drawing, the drivers must write a 150-word post about shaving based on this E]
View attachment 1052063

The PIF goes until midnight, Jan 14, 2020. In order to be in the drawing, the drivers must write a 150-word post about shaving based on this article.Question about all these shave ratings - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/question-about-all-these-shave-ratings.579955/page-3#post-10511939

As soon as Mrs. JAHE would find out that I agreed to write an essay on shaving finally I likely would have quite a hard time at home...( I can imagine how she would react...:out: )therefore I am not in for this PIF.

As soon as Mrs. JAHE would find out that I agreed to write an essay on shaving finally I likely would have quite a hard time at home...( I can imagine how she would react...:out: )therefore I am not in for this PIF.

Oh, I didn't ask you to write a 150-word essay. I asked people to make a 150-word post. That way, you won't get in trouble with the Mrs.

Ouch! I think I have a bit more than twenty two hundred blades sitting around in a box. I will get to work on that after my assigned chores are done for the day. If I don’t empty the dishwasher and take out the trash I will be in the dog house.

This will be the fifth year in a row for me and I believe my desire to acquire the latest shiny thing seems to have faded. I am going to give the decade challenge a shot but I am undecided on how many of the single year sabbaticals I will attempt. It will be somewhat challenging to run out of something in a way that coincides with the official January restock periods.

This post is not quite long enough. Now if I could just figure out how to crop this picture to exactly fifteen percent of the pixels.

Ouch! I think I have a bit more than twenty two hundred blades sitting around in a box. I will get to work on that after my assigned chores are done for the day. If I don’t empty the dishwasher and take out the trash I will be in the dog house.

This will be the fifth year in a row for me and I believe my desire to acquire the latest shiny thing seems to have faded. I am going to give the decade challenge a shot but I am undecided on how many of the single year sabbaticals I will attempt. It will be somewhat challenging to run out of something in a way that coincides with the official January restock periods.

This post is not quite long enough. Now if I could just figure out how to crop this picture to exactly fifteen percent of the pixels.

Congratulations! It's exactly 150 words.

Top Bottom