What's new

Another Unknown British Aristocrat

I love to collect Brit Aristos, I can't help myself. I have sets: pre-#15, gen1, gen2, gen3, and gen4.

I have numbered/named cases: #2 (Made in England and Importe d'Angleterre), #3 (MiE/Id'A), #14, #15 (OC, SB, MiE and Id'A), #16, #19, #20, #21, #22 (gen3, gen4, Aluminum), #66 (and Coronation), #70, De Luxe.

I have finishes: Silver, Gold, Rhodium and Nickel, plus Brass and Aluminum underneath.

And I have more cases than I have numbers or names for: 32 different cases so far plus 5 that I know I don't have (Andon, Achim and Peter beat me to the punch!), and the latest falls into this category. In conversations with Achim about this new case, he coined the name "Mystic #22" for the latest. I like that! So, here it is, on a slow boat across the Atlantic...

BTW, the blade case and holder are obvious mismatches, these are seller's pics.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I used to have one of those but the case compartment looked slightly different inside.
One of the smoothest razors Gillette ever made

R

romsitsa

Not sure it’s all original. Why would a gen4 come with two blade cases instead of a dispenser when gen3 was already designed to be used with a dispenser?

Adam

Not sure it’s all original. Why would a gen4 come with two blade cases instead of a dispenser when gen3 was already designed to be used with a dispenser?

Adam
That was my thoughts, someone custom made the lower portion of the case. Still unique and one of a kind I'm sure.

The Gold gen3, seems to be from Argentina, is a perfect example of a gen3 Aristo (which this one is, not gen4) with a blade holder...

proxy.php

R

romsitsa

Gen3? My bad. The No 21 was originally released with a Gen2 Aristocrat, the razor was swapped for a Gen3 when Gen2 ceased. The No 22 case was designed around the much larger dispenser, as was the No 16. So a No 22 with blade cases would be a “downgrade”.

Adam

I'm thinking this might be mid-way between a gen3 #21 w/holder and a gen3 #22 w/dispenser, but we won't know until the boat comes in...

R

romsitsa

If it’s all original, it should be a No 20? Would be interesting.

Adam

R

romsitsa

All No 21 came with one blade case/dispenser. The only serious candidate would be the No 20.

Adam

I love to collect Brit Aristos, I can't help myself. I have sets: pre-#15, gen1, gen2, gen3, and gen4.

I have numbered/named cases: #2 (Made in England and Importe d'Angleterre), #3 (MiE/Id'A), #14, #15 (OC, SB, MiE and Id'A), #16, #19, #20, #21, #22 (gen3, gen4, Aluminum), #66 (and Coronation), #70, De Luxe.

I have finishes: Silver, Gold, Rhodium and Nickel, plus Brass and Aluminum underneath.

And I have more cases than I have numbers or names for: 32 different cases so far plus 5 that I know I don't have (Andon, Achim and Peter beat me to the punch!), and the latest falls into this category. In conversations with Achim about this new case, he coined the name "Mystic #22" for the latest. I like that! So, here it is, on a slow boat across the Atlantic...

BTW, the blade case and holder are obvious mismatches, these are seller's pics.

proxy.php

proxy.php
That's a great find!
I don't know how you guys manage to find these fine sets. I can't seem to find anything. Just used rusty blades...
Congrats! :thumbup1:

The Mystic #22 came in last night's mail, via a B&B friend in the UK, and he and I both agree - this Aristo is 110% TOTALLY LEGIT, and ABSOLUTELY ONE-OF-A-KIND (until somebody finds another :thumbup1: ). Hard to see, but the Mystic outer (on the left) is not as rough as the #66, but is the same shade of black. The dimensions are identical, and the lower liner of the Mystic is solidly glued in. I'm having some difficulty removing/inserting the one-piece blade holder, and the cigarette-style just is too old, so I'll keep working on that...

20200122_083951.jpg

20200122_083951.jpg

Top Bottom