What's new

Post Shave Blade Care

I was just wondering what you all do with your blades once you're done shaving? Is there a process you use to prep the blade for its next use? I typically rinse mine, dry and strop it across my arm 10 or so times. I have no idea if this is right wrong or makes any difference. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Quickly dry the razor on a towel, blow a couple of times on the blade and I'm done.
So far I'm on shave 22 with a German Wilkinson Sword, so it seems to not be that important.

I just leave the blade in it if I'm not changing the blade. With the Merkur progress I've been using I just open it up a bit more rinse with hot water, then with cold, shake out the water, then run a hair dryer on low cool setting for a few seconds to push out any excess water. When it comes time to change the blade out, it's always super clean with no cream residue.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just leave the blade in it if I'm not changing the blade. With the Merkur progress I've been using I just open it up a bit more rinse with hot water, then with cold, shake out the water, then run a hair dryer on low cool setting for a few seconds to push out any excess water. When it comes time to change the blade out, it's always super clean with no cream residue.
Pretty much what I do, except I just blow on the blade.

Think of the dead dinosaurs I'm protecting by saving all that electricity!

Plus, it helps my diseased lungs!

Once I’m don’t shaving it goes in the blade bank with sharks feathers I open the razor cream any soap off hit it with hot water shake twice and job done (shake it more then twice your playing with it )

Once I’m don’t shaving it goes in the blade bank with sharks feathers I open the razor cream any soap off hit it with hot water shake twice and job done (shake it more then twice your playing with it )
You took my line! :mad:
after the rinse and shake I place em in one of these.
053CD464-3895-4DD4-99F8-C9E34AD8D04E.jpeg

No special care for my blades. I either leave it in the razor, or move it to another razor until it's time to bin it in the blade bank. While in the razor, it gets rinsed with hot water. If soap scum builds up, I might wipe it off.

Shave,rinse the razor well with hot water,shake it,leave it alone.

There is absolutely no reason to "care" about the blade or remove it from the razor.

Top Bottom