What's new

Haircut & Shave Co. SS N075

I may be a bit smoother than my Rex Ambassador (even at the lower levels). Compares to and may even be smoother than my Charcoal Goods Brass L2 or my Colonial Razor Silversmith which area all great.

I may be a bit smoother than my Rex Ambassador (even at the lower levels).

No comparison, in my opinion. The Rex has a very proud blade reveal and I couldn’t use it without getting razor burn, even on the low settings. Only razor that’s ever done that to me. The H&S, on the other hand, has neutral blade exposure (it says so right on the bottom of the baseplate), and is exceptionally smooth. Much more so than the Rex, in my experience.

No comparison, in my opinion. The Rex has a very proud blade reveal and I couldn’t use it without getting razor burn, even on the low settings. Only razor that’s ever done that to me. The H&S, on the other hand, has neutral blade exposure (it says so right on the bottom of the baseplate), and is exceptionally smooth. Much more so than the Rex, in my experience.
I agree, definitely smoother than the Rex especially at settings over 2.

You may be right. Have picked it up again and used it for the first time in a few weeks and have been amazed by it all over again. Surprised it's not a bigger thing in the wet shaving world... or, that others haven't tried to duplicate its qualities.

This razor is off the charts nice. How I rate it:

Aesthetics: 10
Performance: 10
Balance: 10
Overall: 10

Yeah, I like it.

I just got an original version of the N075 this week, and the hype is real. I was surprised by the fact that it does have some blade feel indeed and by how efficient it is. The blade feel is just right, I don't like tons of blade feel nor do I like no blade feel at all. It's as smooth as how everyone has described it.
And I actually prefer the two tone look and the handle of the original version over the SS version.

Thank you. Would you be able to guesstimate in % terms how much more efficient? 5%? 50%?
Much more efficient than a .84SB game changer. I had a very hard time getting a BBS shave when going ATG with it. With the N075, no problems at all getting a BBS shave ATG. For me, these two razors aren't even in the same league, N075 >>>>>>> .84SB GC in every way (except the obvious price difference).
Edit: I also agree that the N075 is smoother than the .84SB GC

What's the difference between the "polished" and "limited edition" versions of this razor?

To answer my own question, I asked them, and they said that "polished" is the same as the "limited edition". They made a limited edition of 100 polished razors, as opposed to their normal machined finish. They expect to have them back in stock in their machined finish at the end of November or early December, and suggested following them on Instagram for news and updates (Haircut & Shave Co. (@haircutandshaveco) • Instagram photos and videos - https://www.instagram.com/haircutandshaveco/). They also mentioned that there had been a run of 75 mixed metal versions of their razor at some point with a stainless top cap and black hard anodized baseplate.

My polished finish H&S is equal to my mirror polished Wolfman here is a couple side by side pics
0E86EEC9-DD43-403D-9609-28862A5A5026.jpeg
56CA2EDC-968F-4CC6-9352-142FBE94203C.jpeg

Has there been any discussion of whether or not the polished will be returning, or are there only plans (at this stage) to release just the machined and mixed metal versions?

I've done searches on the NO75 online and in different forums and no one has ever given it anything but rave reviews. Not sure why the wet shaving world hasn't heard more about it.

Sorry for the thread bump with no recent activity, but I have some interest in this razor after realizing (DUH!!!!) that it is not one of those positive-blade-exposure-monsters-that-is-a-single-blade-masquerading-as-a-DE, hahahaha.

Just one question for now: 10-32 threading for use with other handles, I presume?

Sorry for the thread bump with no recent activity, but I have some interest in this razor after realizing (DUH!!!!) that it is not one of those positive-blade-exposure-monsters-that-is-a-single-blade-masquerading-as-a-DE, hahahaha.

Just one question for now: 10-32 threading for use with other handles, I presume?
Yes, I use other handles with it with no problem. It is a very good daily razor. I just wish I could get his new version handle without the whole razor.

Top Bottom