What's new

More new Czech Platinum blades (Tatra Platinum)

+1

Ordered Tatra and Tiger. Let's wait and see.
Have these blades arrived yet?

I haven't tried either of them, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on both of them and whether you prefer Tatra or Tiger. I'd also like to hear how they compare to Russian blades such as Astra SS, Astra SP, Voskhod, Rapira Platinum Lux and Gillette Nacet if you've tried any of those blades.

Just pulled the trigger and ordered 100 of them.
Have to give them a chance. They are cheap enough to stock up on if I like them much.

After the second shave, I'll go ahead and say you should try these blades. They were maybe slightly sharper and smoother on the second shave. I got an effortless BBS with zero alum feedback today. Very slight alum feedback yesterday - probably a bit smoother than most of my favorite blades on the first shave but only by a little. About the only question left for me is longevity but I don't see any reason right now why they won't last at least a couple more shaves.

Excellent Smithers.

Rigel, have yours arrived or are you still.......

proxy.php

I got a little alum tingle from today's 4th shave on the blade. Not enough to call it irritation or anything but normally I'd toss a blade at this point since that's usually my sign that the blade's starting to go. I still got a very close shave from it and the sharpness is still really good. I'm going to give this blade one more shave just to see what happens when I push it a bit farther. I'm pretty happy with 4 very good shaves. It's close to what I get from my favorite blades too.

If the Tatra is anything like the Tiger blades they would have 2 winners. I bought the 100 pack of Tigers at Christmas and after finishing a five pack I'd have to say there 1 step below or close to Astra Sp

Well, 5th shave on my first Tatra. I felt a bit of roughness in the blade during the shave. Not quite uncomfortable but I noticed it. Had a little more alum feedback than yesterday too. The blade definitely seems to be losing its smoothness but the sharpness is still there. Got a good close BBS. Just based on one blade, these seem to behave predictably, like my favorites. By that I mean they don't seem to degrade all of a sudden. It's a fairly slow predictable degradation so you can tell when it's time to change the blade. The longevity was pretty close to my other favorite blades and the shave quality was right there with them too. I'm going back to that Personna I put on hold when the Tatras arrived now. After that, I'll probably do a couple comparisons with other blades.

Well the consensus on these seems to be pretty good so far. Anyone have a preference between the Tatra Platinums and the Tiger Platinums?

Top Bottom