What's new

Rubie Or Not Rubie!

K
I recently purchased my Rubies from Mercury Drug Store Pantranco branch and they're still as good as before.
Could we get some photos? A few of us are interested in them but would like to know what to look for in true genuine Gillette blades vs fakes.

20200109_040613.jpg
20200109_040644.jpg

Could we get some photos? A few of us are interested in them but would like to know what to look for in true genuine Gillette blades vs fakes.

Go here to my post #18:

One last question for you as I assume you've also tried the London Bridge blades. What are your opinion on those, as good, better, less good? compared to the Rubie in terms of smoothness and sharpness. Thanks.
Londons are also good, but I think the Rubies are slightly better.

Original Gillette Rubie after its 3rd use.View attachment 1063225
Appreciate the photo, they have or had glue dots correct? Mine were loose without. the inner paper wrapper was of poor quality too. This is the first time I've ever encountered fake blades, I never had any clue they were bad until I opened the wrapper as the outer box's hologram reads Gillette and looked legit. On another thread a member posted a photo of his pack and in his hologram it read Rubie, does yours as well?

Well my blades arrived today but I'm concerned they're fakes.

View attachment 1063117View attachment 1063118View attachment 1063119
Those are fakes. Numbers 1 to 4 are clear if the blades are original.
Appreciate the photo, they have or had glue dots correct? Mine were loose without. the inner paper wrapper was of poor quality too. This is the first time I've ever encountered fake blades, I never had any clue they were bad until I opened the wrapper as the outer box's hologram reads Gillette and looked legit. On another thread a member posted a photo of his pack and in his hologram it read Rubie, does yours as well?
Mine has glue dots and the hologram reads Gillette.

Thanks everyone for confirming my suspicions.

On the boxes/tucks do your tucks have a number like this imprinted on the side? I have found some with and some without. I have found the ones with the numbering to be ok. The ones without are poor quality. But the real problem is I will buy a few tucks off the same card and some of packs the blades are good and some of the packs from the same card are poor.

I think it is just poor quality control rather than fakes because the good and bad all seem to be mixed up in the same packs and display cards.
20200216_111459.jpg

Last edited:
On the boxes/tucks do your tucks have a number like this imprinted on the side? I have found some with and some without. I have found the ones with the numbering to be ok. The ones without are poor quality. But the real problem is I will buy a few tucks off the same card and some of packs the blades are good and some of the packs from the same card are poor.

I think it is just poor quality control rather than fakes because the good and bad all seem to be mixed up in the same packs and display cards. View attachment 1063515
Nope, no numbers or letters on any of my packs. Each side just says 5+1 BLADES. I tried earlier in the day to shave with one just for the heck of it, from 3 different packs in fact. All were dull and tugged worse than a carbon blade. The blades you and others have shared all have a uniform blade color and nice clear legible dark ink unlike the ones I recieved.

Nope, no numbers or letters on any of my packs. Each side just says 5+1 BLADES. I tried earlier in the day to shave with one just for the heck of it, from 3 different packs in fact. All were dull and tugged worse than a carbon blade. The blades you and others have shared all have a uniform blade color and nice clear legible dark ink unlike the ones I recieved.

Yes... like I said the packs that I have without any mumbering on the side were bad just like you experienced.

Top Bottom