What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Picked up a few pairs of jeans at Nordstrom's Rack. I was never a big fan of jeans, but since I dropped 3 sizes in the last six months, I am now again in the size I was when i came to the USA in 1996. These are Lucky Brand, and they are not as stiff in the material as the jeans I used to wear 25+ years ago. They are actually a little stretchy.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Picked up a few pairs of jeans at Nordstrom's Rack. I was never a big fan of jeans, but since I dropped 3 sizes in the last six months, I am now again in the size I was when i came to the USA in 1996. These are Lucky Brand, and they are not as stiff in the material as the jeans I used to wear 25+ years ago. They are actually a little stretchy.
Congrats on the new size!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
F4036F94-F2FE-49AF-BA7B-044513737817.jpeg

F6C86413-6EFC-4DC8-921C-4788222E068A.jpeg

03E0E932-36F6-4E8B-AC00-A241AAB5BA41.jpeg

I'm confused. Can some one please define "haberdashery"
A quick search online brought these definitions up

BRITISH
small items used in sewing, such as buttons, zips, and thread.

NORTH AMERICAN
men's clothing and accessories.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I'm confused. Can some one please define "haberdashery"
A quick search online brought these definitions up

BRITISH
small items used in sewing, such as buttons, zips, and thread.

NORTH AMERICAN
men's clothing and accessories.
Good question. I am from Australia and we can have both meanings of Haberdashery quoted when you look it up. I am purely guessing here is that the forum is using the North American definition as it is American based.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Good question. I am from Australia and we can have both meanings of Haberdashery quoted when you look it up. I am purely guessing here is that the forum is using the North American definition as it is American based.
Yes. One of our greatest US Presidents was a bankrupt Haberdasher.

I'm caught mid Atlantic. I'm Canadian but have lived in the UK for the last 27 years so have livedexactly half my life in each country
Canadian English is a weird mix of American and British English, so is confusing to begin with.

Top Bottom