What's new

Tradere Is Back

Getting close! Here’s the first complete Blackland Tradere.

BFE196FE-6831-4F1E-9DF7-16A333D6B77A.jpeg

Shane, (1) do you have a price set yet for this, and (2) is this going to be limited run or something that will be available for a while yet?

On the latter, after all these issues lately with limited runs and delayed pre-orders that we see with other artisan razor-makers recently, I have a greater appreciation for Blackland and Timeless ... companies that make great products and make them available as long as people want them.

I looked around on the Blackland site but don't see any place that even mentions them. I must be missing something.

I looked around on the Blackland site but don't see any place that even mentions them. I must be missing something.

Nothing to miss quite yet. This is just the first completed razor. The rest are still being machined so we have a fair amount of work left to do before we’re ready to launch.

Shane, (1) do you have a price set yet for this, and (2) is this going to be limited run or something that will be available for a while yet?

On the latter, after all these issues lately with limited runs and delayed pre-orders that we see with other artisan razor-makers recently, I have a greater appreciation for Blackland and Timeless ... companies that make great products and make them available as long as people want them.
Shane spoke to #2 earlier in this thread:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blackland is a very good company to do business with.

I really like my Blackbird and my Dart.

Will undoubtedly have to get a Tradere when they are released.

Nothing to miss quite yet. This is just the first completed razor. The rest are still being machined so we have a fair amount of work left to do before we’re ready to launch.
Like the hippies used to say groovy. I'm signed up for the newsletter so, yes and that will take care of being alerted.

I like that they are taking their time to release a quality product.

Too often I see new razors rushed out and B & B posts littered with bad batch complaints.

Take the time to release it right the first time after quality QC. We can wait.

Just checked it out, his brushes look great and the Tradere is looking awesome, he’s doing a great job bringing it back, hopefully he does the laser engraving as it‘ll look more upscale.

Does anyone know the aggressive/efficient comparison of the Tradere OC vs SB?

To clarify, there are two original Tradere OC versions - Gen 1 and Gen 2. There is only one SB which was offered the same time as the Gen 2 OC. Gen 1 OC is more aggressive than both the Gen 2 OC and SB. Gen 2 OC and SB are similar with the OC being just a bit more efficient as most open combs are.

We are only creating the Gen 1 OC and SB versions. So fans of blade feel and aggressiveness should choose the OC. Fans of smoothness with pretty good efficiency will want the SB.

Ranked by decreasing aggressiveness
Gen1 OC > Gen2 OC > SB

Top Bottom