What's new

Revisiting an old friend

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
When I got into wet shaving back in 2013, my first brush was a Frank Shaving 21mm Synthetic.

Wasn't too far down the road until I bought an Omega Pro 48 Boar brush.

Problem was that I didn't really know how to properly use a brush like the Pro 48, went back to using the Frank and life went on.

Through the years, I've learned that I like to bowl lather and then "paint" my face with the lather.

It occurred to me recently that the venerable Omega Pro 48 might be a pretty darn good brush for this method.

So I went "retro" this morning:

20191229_123810~2.jpg

Loaded the Pro 48 with Tabac, added a dollop of Cremo and built my lather in the Timeless Blue bowl. Used more water than normal - probably because the Pro 48 holds a LOT of soap.

Beautiful, yogurt consistency lather. Using a painting motion, the Pro 48 applied the lather perfectly through multiple passes.

My old friend, the Omega Pro 48, will not have to wait so long for another lathering opportunity. :)

Just my opinion and YMMV. :)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Cool man, that is a great photo. It is nice to revisit old friends after out technique has improved with time. I have lots to revisit but I am on a cartridge revisit at the moment. I am actually enjoying it as well. (sacrilege I know)

Omega Pro 48 is a nice boar brush. It can be a bit more scrubby than I'd like but it still makes a good amount of lather to work with. I think it'll be a real pleasure once I break it in more.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Omega Pro 48 is a nice boar brush. It can be a bit more scrubby than I'd like but it still makes a good amount of lather to work with. I think it'll be a real pleasure once I break it in more.

I agree, it is too scrubby to use it for face lathering.

It sure works great, though, for building a gorgeous lather in the bowl and then painting it on my face. :)

Top Bottom