What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Yeah i hear you on that i was told to hang my keys up for the big truck, if i carry on i would not be here a year later so i hung them suckers up and fast. Now i drive tippers but its hard its in my blood being a trucker, at this rate i will soon be on a pushbike and Arne will be safe :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Well that proves that there's a silver lining on every cloud.

Bought this one new...

View attachment 1043709

I stropped, shaved, it needs a little finishing...
A very beautiful razor

Mrs. Claus left a great surprise for me under the tree.
My version of the very same razor is an extraordinary shaver, and Mrs Claus has very good taste.
Congratulations, Bob. That same razor has been my list for at a least a year. I'm eager to hear your impressions.
Don't hesitate Richard, just buy it.

Scored these (razor and hone) yesterday at an antique store in Vermont.
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to add this pair that I picked up cheap, Manaslu Nichirico Tokyo Japan 11/16th blades that are due anyday now. Blades look tidy let us see how they go.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

At least I have something to do now, as these 2 are going to be practice runs to see how they go. So keep your eyes on the post What's on your workbench.

I posted my Ralf Aust Razor Review.

Great finds. I really like the profile of the 605. Looking forward to the finish.
Thank you Bob!!! I'm pleased i am not the only one to see 605, as they was listed as both 305
1.1/4 hollow ground 305 Manaslu Nichirico Tokyo Japan 11/16th
2. Full hollow ground 305 Manaslu Nichirico Tokyo Japan 11/16th

FAE1B6A4-351E-49B7-A8DA-DC24DD24358B.jpeg

Scored this on “the bay” milwaukee Barber supply straight. Also called a Harrington’s pet

Attachments

• 6C3D399C-1BBE-4A9A-AEDD-1E8BC8EDEF2A.jpeg
    6C3D399C-1BBE-4A9A-AEDD-1E8BC8EDEF2A.jpeg
    643.1 KB · Views: 13

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Tim that is a great score, never seen one like that before..... :c18: :c18: :c18: :c18: :c18:

Thank you, it is a unique looker. My Google-fu can not find much info on this version. I wonder if a blade numbered “No 1” is early in production of Monkhouse/P.J.M.

First Christmas present of 2020!

It came in today's mail, and was better than expected. Bought it on the Bay, and paid way more than I usually do - almost $30 delivered. But the prospect of a Joseph Elliot (changed to Joseph Elliot & Son in 1856) in great shape was too much of a temptation.

It's way better than I expected. I'm not sure this has really been touched since it left the factory. I am happy.
20200103_201322.jpg

20200103_201149.jpg

First Christmas present of 2020!

It came in today's mail, and was better than expected. Bought it on the Bay, and paid way more than I usually do - almost $30 delivered. But the prospect of a Joseph Elliot (changed to Joseph Elliot & Son in 1856) in great shape was too much of a temptation.

It's way better than I expected. I'm not sure this has really been touched since it left the factory. I am happy.
View attachment 1049485

View attachment 1049488

Nice pickup, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom