What's new

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

I've never been overly impressed with Hershey's chocolate. It's ok but it's far from the best chocolate out there. In addition, I'm partial to dark chocolate. I would love to see a dark chocolate peanut butter cup with creamy peanut butter inside instead of that granular garbage in Reese's cups.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Not Reese's peanut butter cups, but better- my sister made some Buckeyes (a candy any Ohioan should know) for me for Christmas. I need to bring some to work so that I don't scarf them all down.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not Reese's peanut butter cups, but better- my sister made some Buckeyes (a candy any Ohioan should know) for me for Christmas. I need to bring some to work so that I don't scarf them all down.
Dude. Keep them at home! Eat em all before New Year's, just in time for the resolution!

3-4 times a year I make a trip up to Windsor Caesars for concerts and/or to gamble. I have standing orders from my wife to bring back a half dozen Kit Kat bars, the chocolate is just better.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I like the American version, but haven't had the Canadian version.

I'm not a fan of Hershey candy in general, but I like Kit Kats, too, so it's interesting to read the history.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I prefer the dry, grainy peanut butter in the Reese's to the smooth, creamy peanut butter you'd find in a cup made in a boutique chocolate shop. I believe the graininess is a combination of a rougher grind on the peanuts and added sugar.

What's interesting is the shape of the cups changes the flavor, mostly likely due to different peanut butter to chocolate ratios. The egg shaped ones that come out at Easter time are the best.

I made some this year, will need to find a better mold or give up and use paper cups (which is a real pain, and messy). Used my own home roasted peanut butter (much darker than commercial, which is barely roasted at all) and Guittard milk chocolate. Very tasty, if a little small.

Filling was 70% peanut butter (no hydrogenated fats, just ground roasted peanuts) and 30% milk chocolate. Might back off to 65% peanut butter next time, they were very soft which made sealing the molds a pain.

Hazelnut works just fine too, for a different flavor. So do almonds or pistachos, should use white chocoloate for the latter.

Top Bottom