What's new

And so it begins. A home espresso journey

I was left alone with my phone on boxing Day for five minutes and well
Screenshot_20191227-110047.png
Screenshot_20191227-170708.png

Probably should have asked the experts, but almost all other machines were pricey enough to scare me off other then the breville with the built in grinder. But then if I wanted another grinder down the road I couldn't really upgrade those internals. So I got this stuff.

Just need to find were to get coffee beans to smash up here in Canada.

PS I don't have them yet... Holiday shipping and all

I was left alone with my phone on boxing Day for five minutes and wellView attachment 1047178View attachment 1047179
Probably should have asked the experts, but almost all other machines were pricey enough to scare me off other then the breville with the built in grinder. But then if I wanted another grinder down the road I couldn't really upgrade those internals. So I got this stuff.

Just need to find were to get coffee beans to smash up here in Canada.

PS I don't have them yet... Holiday shipping and all

So, did you buy both of these units? I have the Breville Barista Express and love it. It has the bean grinder built in to the unit. I have had it for 5+ years and it has paid itself off tenfold. I think you are better served with Barista Express if you have the counter space.

I bought the Bambino and Pro grinder. Was a little cheaper, and seemed like s better fit for kitchen

I bought the Bambino and Pro grinder. Was a little cheaper, and seemed like s better fit for kitchen
Breville makes quality products so I am sure you will enjoy your purchase. Having the ability to make cafe quality coffee beverages at home is a life changer. You will be spoiled in no time. Enjoy.

I got the Oracle. Breville makes superb machines with amazing froth on the steamed milk. I've had other semi and fully automatic machines...none came close to my Oracle. You will be very happy with what you got. I get whole bean Black Cat Espresso from Intelligentsia Coffee. Google them. Not sure if they ship to Canada but give it a try. Definitely not cheap, but you won't be disappointed. I also found Breville's customer service to be exceptional...but heck, you are paying a premium for their products!

Welcome to your new obsession. I haven't jumped into the espresso world just yet but I did become obsessed with perfecting my french press technique. I have done my espresso research and my set up is going to be a Cafelat Robot manual lever espresso machine, a Niche Zero grinder, a stovetop Bellman Steamer for steaming milk and I'm going to invest in a Coffee Gator stove top gooseneck kettle, along with some additional coffee canisters that release CO2 so I can store both regular and decaf espresso. My wife can't do caffeine and I want to make her cafe mocha's which she gets from Charbucks. I need to show her what real espresso drinks are supposed to taste like. :w00t:

Welcome to your new obsession. I haven't jumped into the espresso world just yet but I did become obsessed with perfecting my french press technique. I have done my espresso research and my set up is going to be a Cafelat Robot manual lever espresso machine, a Niche Zero grinder, a stovetop Bellman Steamer for steaming milk and I'm going to invest in a Coffee Gator stove top gooseneck kettle, along with some additional coffee canisters that release CO2 so I can store both regular and decaf espresso. My wife can't do caffeine and I want to make her cafe mocha's which she gets from Charbucks. I need to show her what real espresso drinks are supposed to taste like. :w00t:
Will look like a science experiment to get I bet lol

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Dark City Coffee is in Scarberia. Open Monday through Thursday. Order in the morning and they roast it for you by noon. It is usually at your door the next day or the day after by Canada Post Express.

Dark City Coffee is in Scarberia. Open Monday through Thursday. Order in the morning and they roast it for you by noon. It is usually at your door the next day or the day after by Canada Post Express.
Appreciate it. I'll have a look. I'm hoping I get delivery of the Bambino Monday, so I wan coffee ready for then too.

Good starter setup. Use fresh roast. Be persistent. As with shaving, only change one part at a time until you get it right.

Good starter setup. Use fresh roast. Be persistent. As with shaving, only change one part at a time until you get it right.
Thanks Mick. I should have everything before new years break, so I'll have some fun playing with it.

Package the first has already arrived
IMG_20191228_143644.jpg

Btw, on top of being able to adjust grind size, it also has an adjustment for time. Is the time adjustment simply for how quickly I want to handle the amount of grinds coming down, or does it effect the quality of the grind as well ?
IMG_20191228_144525.jpg
IMG_20191228_144537.jpg

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Check out Trebilcock in Pickering (just east of Brock Rd off Bayly)
Lavazza Crema e Aroma is what I currently use (Costco has it cheapest), and the red Lavazza is nice and strong as well.

Check out Trebilcock in Pickering (just east of Brock Rd off Bayly)
Lavazza Crema e Aroma is what I currently use (Costco has it cheapest), and the red Lavazza is nice and strong as well.
I seen trebilcock in my Google searches. Won't be open till Monday, also found deadly grounds in courtice which I can get to tomorrow to try out, seen to be affiliated with 8-bit in Whitby as well.

Top Bottom