What's new

New eyeglass frames needed ASAP!

Should have said more, duh.

The frames are probably 25 or 30 years old. They were in retirement for probably 15 years or more.
Yikes!, FarmerTan....Sir, as you are a retired nurse, shame on you for not having your eyes checked out sooner. Yeah, I hear Dr.s make the worst patients, but fine man, get those eyes checked by the Costco optometrist so your brethren here can continue to enjoy your witty posts for years to come. Ask for a copy of your prescription and then go online and compare prices, so you can save some moola. When I used to wear glasses prior to having surgery, I think 🤔 I bought from Coastal or something with good success.

I doubt you can fit those lenses in anything but the exact same make and model of frame,
because they are custom ground to fit it.

If you dont want to get up from your lazyboy, cruse over to warbyparker.com

Excellent service and product.

Dave,

You might as well try @Atlantic59's suggestion, first. Check at a jeweler or one of those chain eyewear places. Shouldn't cost anything to ask. You never know, maybe they can be fixed for cheap.

I've been down that road before. I was hit on the head (explains a lot, eh?) at work and my glasses were left in 3 pieces. The left temple and endpiece (containing the hinge) broke off and the bridge cracked in two places right at the spot yours broke. I took them to my optometrist and his optician soldered it together. They only charged me the cost of materials. Way cheaper than a new complete pair.

Thanks my friend. I may have to bite the bullet and go get examined.

I want a pair just like Tom Selleck wears on "Blue Bloods" anyway. They just scream Teddy Roosevelt!

Hello farmer! So these are the glasses you want?

D9911A79-E316-4F1F-9017-CD5AC89C97D5.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hello farmer! So these are the glasses you want?

View attachment 1046771
Yes, those are the ones!

And thanks everyone for your help. I'm pretty sure you are right. In my research it looks like I'm tattooed in reusing these.

I have a weird thing like a tumor in my lazy right eyeball that should probably be looked at anyway.

But I hope for the eye docs sake he gets the Rx right, cuz I will be back as much as it takes to get it right.

FarmerTan

Yikes!, FarmerTan....Sir, as you are a retired nurse, shame on you for not having your eyes checked out sooner. Yeah, I hear Dr.s make the worst patients, but fine man, get those eyes checked by the Costco optometrist so your brethren here can continue to enjoy your witty posts for years to come. Ask for a copy of your prescription and then go online and compare prices, so you can save some moola. When I used to wear glasses prior to having surgery, I think 🤔 I bought from Coastal or something with good success.
Witty? Ha, you have good taste but are probably in the minority..

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I just went through this with my oldest son
He usually wears contacts but he had an issues with his one eye and had to wear his glasses for a week or so.
The frame came apart like yours did and we tried super glue and after a few frustrating hours and fingers sticking together we got to hold. He didn't want to go and pay for New glasses because he never uses them.
They are a few years old , My wife finally talked him into going to the OP at Walmart.
When he was at Walmart after the eye exam
He looked at frames and there they were, the exact frames . So he asked if they could put his old lenses in the new frames and they said no problem. So he was able to get the fix for $80. Old lenses new frames.

FarmerTan

I just went through this with my oldest son
He usually wears contacts but he had an issues with his one eye and had to wear his glasses for a week or so.
The frame came apart like yours did and we tried super glue and after a few frustrating hours and fingers sticking together we got to hold. He didn't want to go and pay for New glasses because he never uses them.
They are a few years old , My wife finally talked him into going to the OP at Walmart.
When he was at Walmart after the eye exam
He looked at frames and there they were, the exact frames . So he asked if they could put his old lenses in the new frames and they said no problem. So he was able to get the fix for $80. Old lenses new frames.
I'm going to try this. The worst that could happen is that I have to get everything replaced after an eye exam that I need anyway.

Yeah, me too brother!

It's all good. It may be God's way of getting me to do something I really need to do but am too cheap.

His eye is on the Sparrow!
Never be cheap when it comes to your health. It’s the best investment a person can make. Just keep using Arko for the next 20 years to make up for it.

FarmerTan

Never be cheap when it comes to your health. It’s the best investment a person can make. Just keep using Arko for the next 20 years to make up for it.
Yet another reason to use Arko: it could possibly save your life, or at least your eyesight!

Top Bottom