What's new

Shave Stick Off

5. Razorock Blue- This stick comes in basically paper without a plastic bottom or cover. I paid $3.99 from Italian barber. The scent is based on Floid blue and I’d say it’s really close. If your not familiar with the scent it’s basically a blue aftershave (floid, furbo, epsilom) scent if that makes sense, nice and crisp. The stick was very easy to lather and I was a big fan of the scent. The fact that you just get a plain stick of soap without cover or bottom was kind of annoying but for the price I couldn’t complain and I can put in the plastic bottom of an old stick if I wanted. I would definitely recommend the stick or bowl soap if you are a Floid blue fan.
9F326E3B-72F0-4298-9958-06D8E8586113.jpeg

Still waiting on Tabac, Palmolive, Derby and Arko to arrive for the next review

5. Razorock Blue- This stick comes in basically paper without a plastic bottom or cover. I paid $3.99 from Italian barber. ..

Nice summary. How would you compare the slickness and post-shave feel to other soaps you are familiar with? More, more....
:a14:

I'm a daily stick user so I really appreciate seeing your reviews - please keep 'em coming! I think you'll really enjoy the Palmolive and Tabac sticks when you get them.

I'll have to get around to trying the Wilkie stick sometime; I've seen a lot of good things about it but I keep getting put off by - of all things - the color. That clinical blue just says "weird unnatural chemicals" to me every time I see it. I know that doesn't stand up to any logical scrutiny but that's my gut reaction.

Nice summary. How would you compare the slickness and post-shave feel to other soaps you are familiar with? More, more....
:a14:

Post shave and slickness were good...comparable to the Wilkinson and La Toja. IMO the Razorock is an amazing deal at $3.99. It’s more of an Artisan scent/quality for the same p to me or less of the mass produced sticks.

I'm a daily stick user so I really appreciate seeing your reviews - please keep 'em coming! I think you'll really enjoy the Palmolive and Tabac sticks when you get them.

I'll have to get around to trying the Wilkie stick sometime; I've seen a lot of good things about it but I keep getting put off by - of all things - the color. That clinical blue just says "weird unnatural chemicals" to me every time I see it. I know that doesn't stand up to any logical scrutiny but that's my gut reaction.

You will not regret the Wilkinson Sir. At the end of the reviews I’ll rate all of the sticks in terms of usability/scent/value etc.

Post shave and slickness were good...comparable to the Wilkinson and La Toja. IMO the Razorock is an amazing deal at $3.99. It’s more of an Artisan scent/quality for the same p to me or less of the mass produced sticks.
Italian Barber has been putting them on sale in recent weeks - a bundle of all four scents for $7.99. Of course, there is a shipping charge which adds a lot, but if your order is large enough, shipping is at no charge. The only reason I didn't get them is that I have plenty of soap already.

5. Razorock Blue- This stick comes in basically paper without a plastic bottom or cover. I paid $3.99 from Italian barber. The scent is based on Floid blue and I’d say it’s really close. If your not familiar with the scent it’s basically a blue aftershave (floid, furbo, epsilom) scent if that makes sense, nice and crisp. The stick was very easy to lather and I was a big fan of the scent. The fact that you just get a plain stick of soap without cover or bottom was kind of annoying but for the price I couldn’t complain and I can put in the plastic bottom of an old stick if I wanted. I would definitely recommend the stick or bowl soap if you are a Floid blue fan.
View attachment 1042009

Nice review!! This one is new to me.

Italian Barber has been putting them on sale in recent weeks - a bundle of all four scents for $7.99. Of course, there is a shipping charge which adds a lot, but if your order is large enough, shipping is at no charge. The only reason I didn't get them is that I have plenty of soap already.

Correct sir, I added it onto my order and got the free shipping otherwise it’s would not have been worth it alone.

5.Arko- First of all, I have always loved the old school packaging of Arko. I paid $4.47 on Amazon for one stick. The scent to me smells like a lemon candle/bug spray. Obviously scent is very subjective so I’m not knocking the stick based on that, I was just was not a fan. The stick domes packaged in foil with no case or plastic base. Overall the stick performed well and was easy to lather. Slickness was lacking a little but not terrible by any means. This is probably the first stick (so far) that I would not use again strictly based on the scent. However, it was on par with the previously reviewed sticks performance wise.

EDD6CAEF-4BAE-420B-AFD6-2ED0DD987589.jpeg

I use sticks for travel and have to agree with your assessment of the Wilkinson Sword stick. it's fantastic. Palmolive is also very good but I'd put it just a notch below the Wilkinson Sword. One of the best places I've found to buy both of these is Connaught.

I have a Valobra stick that I've never got around to using. Sounds like I don't need to be in that big a hurry to get to it but I've enjoyed Valobra pucks before so I'm still hoping for good things.

A note on your Arko stick... it is often to be found for not much more than $1 per when one purchases a dozen. Leaving a stick open will allow the scent to dissipate with time. If one enjoys the performance, a reduced scent and being able to call it very inexpensive may help with the decision to use it.

Great thread.

Taylor of Old Bond Steet , sandalwood
Speick
Nivea
And I use Haslinger as a stick....it is the BEST of all.....for me it's even on the top of most soaps and creams...

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My first exposure is with mystic water shave stick based on a review here i have bay rum and lime. Both amazing in my book. Plus the stick is in a plastic tube. I dont care too much for the foil wrapping.

I use sticks for travel and have to agree with your assessment of the Wilkinson Sword stick. it's fantastic. Palmolive is also very good but I'd put it just a notch below the Wilkinson Sword. One of the best places I've found to buy both of these is Connaught.

I have a Valobra stick that I've never got around to using. Sounds like I don't need to be in that big a hurry to get to it but I've enjoyed Valobra pucks before so I'm still hoping for good things.

I’m excited to try the Palmolive when it finally arrives. The Valobra may have just been user error on my part. The smell wasn’t great to my nose but definitely not bad at all.

My first exposure is with mystic water shave stick based on a review here i have bay rum and lime. Both amazing in my book. Plus the stick is in a plastic tube. I dont care too much for the foil wrapping.

I’m sure the more artisan type sticks run circles around the more generic brands. I probably should review those next time around.

Top Bottom