What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
And..... I failed miserably today. We did Christmas stuff with some folks, had a meeting later, and I justified it all by saying that God rested one day!

I'm sure I'll find another excuse tomorrow! Lol, I DO have a doctor's appointment tomorrow....lol.

And..... I failed miserably today. We did Christmas stuff with some folks, had a meeting later, and I justified it all by saying that God rested one day!

I'm sure I'll find another excuse tomorrow! Lol, I DO have a doctor's appointment tomorrow....lol.

The doctor's appointment won't take all day. Either do a little exercise before or after the appointment. You'll feel better no matter when you do it. I'm getting on the elliptical again tomorrow morning after I drive my son to the train station. And I know a really good cup of coffee will follow my workout.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Excellent! You are where I am going to shoot for my friend!

Thanks!

I use this thread as my marker of having followed through with my commitment to my workouts. And this marks another week done....

16,000+ steps................
proxy.php

114,000+ steps (48 miles) for the week.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks!

I use this thread as my marker of having followed through with my commitment to my workouts. And this marks another week done....

proxy.php

114,000+ steps (48 miles) for the week.
Wow. I'm pretty sure those kind of miles behind me now. But I'll take @MntnMan62 's advice and go at it after the appointment. Sigh.

Another 30 minutes on the elliptical. Picked up the pace just a little more than the two previous days. Three days in a row. I'm guessing the fourth day isn't any easier than the previous three. I doubt that three days of the minimum cardio and some pushups are going to produce any noticeable benefit but I do sense a bit of a mental boost at least. Normally I would have a couple of fried eggs over easy but today I made three egg whites instead. I still fried it but used olive oil. Very tasty. That and two cups of french press coffee. This exercise is only going to produce benefits if I manage my diet as well. I have to drop the weight.

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Another 30 minutes on the elliptical. Kicked it up another couple notches and kept the RPMs between 60 and 67. Mostly at 63 and 64. Felt good. I find the first 5 minutes is the hardest. Actually just getting on the machine is the hardest. Then, the first 5 minutes. After that? Piece of cake.

Intrigued

3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Sadly I shoveled snow this morning....I hate winter. Previous days were sets of pullups, pushups & squats; elliptical and kettlebell swings. Snow was pretty light this time so I will get workout in later today too.

Top Bottom