What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Excellent start!

I mentioned to my wife my plan to hike the woods and she told me to make sure I water the chickens and gather the eggs! Now I'm stuck with that hike!

I plan to walk out till I'm tired, rest, and walk back. Wish me and my lung luck!

Good luck. You got this.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Enjoyed a fairly brisk hike for 20 minutes. Never did sit down, so I'm kinda silly proud of that. Lung disease and CHF will make that quite an accomplishment for you young whipper snappers, lol.

Heard some shot guns, none on my property, sure hope I flushed some deer for those folks!

I'll try to post a picture or two. One is of my homemade cane propped up against a buck rub on a little white pine. IMG_20191207_141017065_HDR.jpgIMG_20191207_135033546.jpgIMG_20191207_134805331_HDR.jpgIMG_20191207_140739050.jpg

Enjoyed a fairly brisk hike for 20 minutes. Never did sit down, so I'm kinda silly proud of that. Lung disease and CHF will make that quite an accomplishment for you young whipper snappers, lol.

Heard some shot guns, none on my property, sure hope I flushed some deer for those folks!

I'll try to post a picture or two. One is of my homemade cane propped up against a buck rub on a little white pine.View attachment 1041590View attachment 1041589View attachment 1041588View attachment 1041587

I'd love to have chickens producing fresh eggs. Nice property as well. Living in the suburbs of NYC definitely do not afford me such bucolic views. And that cane is awesome. Nice job. I find that working out not only gets the blood flowing but it somehow clears my mind a bit and props up my mood. A hike would do wonders for that as well. I do have a 2,000 acre park right up the road from me where I could hike the trails. I used to mountain bike in there some 20 years ago but I'm not in the kind of shape that those trails demand. Something to work towards. Thanks for posting those pics.

FarmerTan

I'd love to have chickens producing fresh eggs. Nice property as well. Living in the suburbs of NYC definitely do not afford me such bucolic views. And that cane is awesome. Nice job. I find that working out not only gets the blood flowing but it somehow clears my mind a bit and props up my mood. A hike would do wonders for that as well. I do have a 2,000 acre park right up the road from me where I could hike the trails. I used to mountain bike in there some 20 years ago but I'm not in the kind of shape that those trails demand. Something to work towards. Thanks for posting those pics.
I hoped the pics were okay on this thread.

And yes, my mood has elevated immensely.
Isn't it amazing how that works?

I have been practicing the sin of wishing for what I did have, instead of giving praise for what I DO have.

I hoped the pics were okay on this thread.

And yes, my mood has elevated immensely.
Isn't it amazing how that works?

I have been practicing the sin of wishing for what I did have, instead of giving praise for what I DO have.

I think we can all be guilty of living in the past. It is so important to live in the present. Appreciate the past, revel in the memories they provide, but focus on the here and now so you can create new memories that will last a lifetime. I'm getting sort of sappy but I believe in it. Now I need to start practicing it.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.

I'll try to post a picture or two. One is of my homemade cane propped up against a buck rub on a little white pine.View attachment 1041590View attachment 1041589View attachment 1041588View attachment 1041587
Nice chickens. We raised ducks, chickens, rabbits and sometimes geese when i was a kid. We didn't have laying hens though they were strictly for cooking. But we got eggs from my grandparents who did have layers.

FarmerTan

Nice chickens. We raised ducks, chickens, rabbits and sometimes geese when i was a kid. We didn't have laying hens though they were strictly for cooking. But we got eggs from my grandparents who did have layers.
Old Hank the Rooster earns his keep. He makes the right noise and the ladies come running if he sees a hawk.

They are fun. We don't name the meat birds that we raise in the Spring because you don't name something you eat, and they are inherantly stupid, lol.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I caught a piglet once and named him Freddie. He even ate from my hand and would come when I called. I held him down once and “cut” him. When it came time I was the one who dispatched him.
It didn’t bother me but I can see why you wouldn’t want to name something you are gonna eat.

FarmerTan

I caught a piglet once and named him Freddie. He even ate from my hand and would come when I called. I held him down once and “cut” him. When it came time I was the one who dispatched him.
It didn’t bother me but I can see why you wouldn’t want to name something you are gonna eat.
You should hear my wife tell stories about raising rabbits.... and how she and her brother would discuss which one they were eating on Sunday morning! "Do you think this one is Thumper?" Lol, her mom frowned on the practice.

I will say it has been nice having my son understand where his protein is coming from. Our culture is not really good at having a real connection with the bounty of the land, sadly.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

16,000+ steps................
proxy.php

For the second day of the rest of my life I got on the elliptical again for 30 minutes. I picked up the pace from yesterday and averaged around 60 RPMs. I broke a bigger sweat than yesterday as well. Did a couple sets of push ups and sit ups. Not many though. I was only able to do about 5 push ups per set. All this extra weight is tough. Did 25 crunches per set. It's a start.

FarmerTan

Thirty miles on my road bike. I'm just starting to feel my feet again...riding in the cold.
Wow!

Excellent!
For the second day of the rest of my life I got on the elliptical again for 30 minutes. I picked up the pace from yesterday and averaged around 60 RPMs. I broke a bigger sweat than yesterday as well. Did a couple sets of push ups and sit ups. Not many though. I was only able to do about 5 push ups per set. All this extra weight is tough. Did 25 crunches per set. It's a start.
I MAY hike again today, but doubtful. Will do the PT exercises for my shoulder/birth defect.

Proud of you Bro. @MntnMan62 ! We need to keep each other accountable, as much as I hate being held accountable!
Dave

Wow!

Excellent!

I MAY hike again today, but doubtful. Will do the PT exercises for my shoulder/birth defect.

Proud of you Bro. @MntnMan62 ! We need to keep each other accountable, as much as I hate being held accountable!
Dave

Thanks. I agree. I know I find it too easy to make excuses instead of doing what I need to do.

Top Bottom