What's new

Blanton's???

Was in Louisville a couple months ago for work and had a couple glasses of this liquid gold. Since then, I've been searching high and low for a bottle and it's nowhere to be found. Has anyone seen a bottle of Blanton's on the shelves anywhere lately? I've searched stores in the Milwaukee area, but I've also called stores in the Chicago area and they're out.

I've got a few bottles of some really good stuff to keep me happy, but I'm on a mission to find Blanton's.

2 years ago I could find it anywhere it was sold. These days it is more challenging to find due to the increased interest in Whiskey, Whisky, and Bourbon. It's crazy.

Good luck. I live in Kentucky and they pop up from time to time but most of the time it’s allocated. Best bet is often a lottery and some luck here. The only other tip I can offer is to check smaller liquor stores, occasionally you’ll see a bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Another Kentuckian here...I'll echo @Feynmansbongos it's tough to find. The best thing to do is go around to a few liqour stores and make yourself known. Ask about it. Come in often and buy Bourbon. Ask if they will take your name and number and call you when its available. Liqour stores want to keep customers happy and although they won't let you buy them out of limited quantities, they may set aside a bottle for a good regular.

Was in Louisville a couple months ago for work and had a couple glasses of this liquid gold. Since then, I've been searching high and low for a bottle and it's nowhere to be found. Has anyone seen a bottle of Blanton's on the shelves anywhere lately? I've searched stores in the Milwaukee area, but I've also called stores in the Chicago area and they're out.

I've got a few bottles of some really good stuff to keep me happy, but I'm on a mission to find Blanton's.

I LIVE in "the 'Ville" so Blanton's all but grows on trees. Supposedly the drink of the fictional movie character
John Wick. And yes, it is by allocation here. Show up on the last Saturday of the month at 8AM and you might be able to score a bottle.

Last edited:
I'm in NJ. I just checked the two larger stores, Bottle King and Total Wine. Neither have any in stock. When stuff is that rare and hard to find that usually means there is a hefty price tag in order to acquire it. That's when I turn and go looking for something else. There are A LOT of really good whiskies and bourbons out there. No real need to chase the elusive white rabbit.

There are A LOT of really good whiskies and bourbons out there. No real need to chase the elusive white rabbit.

Agreed. There ARE a lot of great bourbons out there. Woodford Reserve, W,B. Saffell, Eagle Rare, Four Roses...all equally good. Makers Mark? We keep that around for the Hollywood crowd and hide the good stuff. Bourbon is for sipping not doing "shots". The neophytes don't realize this. A good bourbon drinker can pick out almost fifty different flavors from a sip. I'm not that good...maybe six to ten depending on the batch. Ya'll need to come down next year and tour the distillery's...do the "Borbon Trail". Taste the mash, try the white lightning, and try the different bourbons.
Image "wine country" with adult beverages.

Agreed. There ARE a lot of great bourbons out there. Woodford Reserve, W,B. Saffell, Eagle Rare, Four Roses...all equally good. Makers Mark? We keep that around for the Hollywood crowd and hide the good stuff. Bourbon is for sipping not doing "shots". The neophytes don't realize this. A good bourbon drinker can pick out almost fifty different flavors from a sip. I'm not that good...maybe six to ten depending on the batch. Ya'll need to come down next year and tour the distillery's...do the "Borbon Trail". Taste the mash, try the white lightning, and try the different bourbons.
Image "wine country" with adult beverages.

You got that right. We have a neighbor how won't drink anything but Maker's. So we always have a bottle of that around. But I keep the stuff I like hidden. I've grown a liking to Clyde May's, both the Whiskey and the Bourbon. But I need to start expanding my pallet and tasting some new ones. I sip everything. NEVER do shots. Of anything. I also don't mix anything. I drink all of my alcohol unadulterated. Some neat and some with one rock and some with several rocks. I prefer to taste what I'm drinking rather than cover it up with some sort of mixer.

[emoji23][emoji23]

I can never get past the artificial cherry flavor to find anything in Markers Mark. Makers 46 is worth trying though.

CHERRY? Sacrilege! Naw, we don't mix in cough drops with our bourbon, even if it is...Maker's Mark (an otherwise "meh" spirit).

Last edited:
CHERRY? Sacrilege! Naw, we don't mix in cough drops with our bourbon, even if it is...Maker's Mark (an otherwise "meh" spirit).

I may be crossing up memories as it’s been a while since I had original makers. I remember it having a HEAVY cherry taste. Perhaps it’s not as bad as I remember?

And that my friend makes you an adult. Distinguishes us from the drunken sophomore Coeds.

So true. Even with beer. My younger brother would boast about how he could shotgun an entire can of beer in seconds. I've never even attempted such blasphemy. I prefer beers that have taste and flavor, unlike the Bud Lite's of the world that seem to have been invented simply for shotgunning. Even back in the 70's when I was first starting to drink alcohol, I would drink my top shelf vodka, Absolute, on the rocks with a wedge of lime. I will admit that every sip of straight Absolute would force me to make a face for those first few sips from the glass until the ice began to melt and soften that horrible Absolute taste. But back then we had no other options. Now we have Ketel One and it's like drinking water comparatively speaking.

There are A LOT of really good whiskies and bourbons out there. No real need to chase the elusive white rabbit.

No question about it. And I've got a few bottles that are excellent. In fact, one of my favorites is Russell's Reserve 10 Year which is probably 1/4 the cost of Blanton's. But if I can get my hands on a bottle of Blanton's for a relatively decent price, I'm buying it.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Sounds good! Just give me directions from Milwaukee, WI USA.

Screenshot_2019-12-03 Milwaukee to london ontario - Google Search.png

If you hit every likely store between there and here, you might find a bottle lol.

I've been drinking bourbon a long time and appreciate "the good stuff". Based on availability, taste and price I have settled in on Jefferson Reserve.... listed at around $60 I can usually find it for below $40. I drink it on ice and really have been enjoying it for several years.

Top Bottom