What's new

Timeless SS and Ti Mix?

I'm sure there are threads out there but I couldn't find an answer. Does anyone use their Timeless .95 SS head on a Titanium handle? Seems like balance would be very good. I love the SS and it gets a lot of use. I like the Titanium also but seems a little lighter than I prefer. I mixed the Head and handle and kind of like the result. I was wondering if anyone else does this and what they think of their results. Thanks in advance.

When I had my SS Timeless, I often used a Maggard's handle that was lighter weight than the SS the Timeless offers. Found it gave a great shave and was easier to maneuver.

I use the polished Ti handle with a Pre-War Tech cap and base plate and get fantastic shaves. Try mixing it up...can't hurt anything and you might like the results.

I found that since the stainless steel head is heavy that a longer heavier handle balanced it much better. I would think a light handle would make it head heavy and not properly balanced.

I use a SS Cap/.68 Ti Base and a SS Handle. Really enjoy it and recommend it to anyone who feels the full SS is too heavy.

I found that since the stainless steel head is heavy that a longer heavier handle balanced it much better. I would think a light handle would make it head heavy and not properly balanced.
I was kind of thinking this. With the Ti handle, the head would be heavier by a couple of grams, but its almost 50/50. But like you said, with the end weight being heavier, maybe it will feel unbalanced. Maybe I'll give it a try. If it doesn't feel right, I guess I can always add a TI base plate and cap.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I prefer the razor to be head-heavy, or having the balance point closer to where I grip the razor normally, which is right beneath the head for control. If you grip at the very end of a 3 & 1/2 inch Ti handle the SS head may be hard to maneuver precisely. I never got the need for the longer handles, since even my shorter arms are capable of easily reaching my face .. even with this 3" Ti handle ..

IMG_9555.JPG

I prefer the razor to be head-heavy, or having the balance point closer to where I grip the razor normally, which is right beneath the head for control. If you grip at the very end of a 3 & 1/2 inch Ti handle the SS head may be hard to maneuver precisely. I never got the need for the longer handles, since even my shorter arms are capable of easily reaching my face .. even with this 3" Ti handle ..

View attachment 1040517

Longer handles work great at offsetting the weight of the head, giving it a lighter touch on the skin. I also prefer to hold the handle closer to the head as I get more control and with most razor heads it works no matter the handle. The Timeless head is a different animal as it’s 55 grams vs 33 grams of the Wolfman WR2 in the photo.

I found the Wolfman WRH1 handle was perfect to offset the heavy head of the Timeless, I actually sold the Timeless shortly after I sold the Wolfman with that handle as it completely changed the shaves I got with the Timeless.

Last edited:
I was kind of thinking this. With the Ti handle, the head would be heavier by a couple of grams, but its almost 50/50. But like you said, with the end weight being heavier, maybe it will feel unbalanced. Maybe I'll give it a try. If it doesn't feel right, I guess I can always add a TI base plate and cap.

I had the Dimple handle from Timeless, which weights 80 grams and I found it was still head heavy, the Ti handle from Timeless is 51 grams so I would fully expect it to be head heavy. It’ll be a great reason to step up to the full Ti Timeless Razor :thumbup:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Longer handles work great at offsetting the weight of the head, giving it a lighter touch on the skin. I also prefer to hold the handle closer to the head as I get more control and with most razor heads it works no matter the handle. The Timeless head is a different animal as it’s 55 grams vs 33 grams of the Wolfman WR2 in the photo.

I found the Wolfman WRH1 handle was perfect to offset the heavy head of the Timeless, I actually sold the Timeless shortly after I sold the Wolfman with that handle as it completely changed the shaves I got with the Timeless.

My Timeless head didn't seem to have that much more mass - but out of curiosity I just weighed them - and in fact this particular OC scalloped version weighs in at 38g vs only 34 for my WR2, never thought about it but apparently the comb style makes some difference along with the scalloping.

View attachment 1040517
Beautiful razor!

I use an ATT Atlas handle with my Timeless head. It’s a little head heavy, but I like it that way. I actually just ordered a polished one since the one I have is brushed.

I weighed out my razor with the ti handle weighing 50.1 grams and the SS head with blade weighing 43.0 making the balance point just near the end of the spiral grooves. So actually this is almost a perfectly balanced setup. I found the shave to be slightly less aggressive than using the 100mm pineapple SS handle but more nimble. Actually this combo provided a very nice shaving experience.

Top Bottom