What's new

Parker Semi Slant

Please do, though I think if I buy another razor the wife might start to suspect something...
Ok, Razor came today and after one shave I'm very impressed, saying that I only have one other DE, and that's older than me, so I'm no expert. My main daily go to is a Parker Shavette.
The SS is very well made and the knurling on the handle is flawless. I love the matte finish, but it may not be to everyone's taste.
I loaded a Voskhod teflon and went at it.
Fantastic first shave, it's forgiving, but the shave was comfortable and close.
I would definitely recommend it, it's well made, performs very well and it's not expensive.

Attachments

• IMG_20191129_135637.jpg
    IMG_20191129_135637.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20191129_135727.jpg
    IMG_20191129_135727.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
Nice. I'm curious to know how it compares against the merkur slants.

I have both; I find the Parker to be effective as well as the Merkur, but a little friendlier. Higher pitch to the stubble being shaved. I like both, but more recently I prefer the Razorock 37 to Merkur simply because the Razorock is a 3 piece so I can swap handles (otherwise I'd stick to the Merkur 39c Sledgehammer).

I got my Semi Slant back when they were first introduced. As a vintage razor user, it was one of my first 'new' razors. It shaves smooth & easy, and runs great on Voskhods, Astra SP's and Shark Chromes.

I got my Semi Slant back when they were first introduced. As a vintage razor user, it was one of my first 'new' razors. It shaves smooth & easy, and runs great on Voskhods, Astra SP's and Shark Chromes.
Agreed. The Voskhod's work great with it.

Top Bottom