What's new

New budget Simpson synthetic: Trafalgar

Just saw this go up on their store today. Anyone heard anything? Anyone getting one?

Given the low price point, when I do order another Simpson badger hair brush I will get a Trafalgar as why not. The description says they are even hand turned...

I’m curious to hear how it compares to their current synthetics, which are 3-5x more in price. I have a Duke 3 and Chubby 2 synthetic, and they are both nice, but if these are as nice as those I expect Simpson’s will greatly increase their volume of sales for this new brush line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to post a link. Here’s the T3 model:

There is also a T2 and T1 size available on the Simpson’s website.

A hand-made Simpson at such an affordable price is very enticing. Thanks for the link!

Also, while looking around their site, I noticed the Simfix SF1 synthetic, a collaboration between Simpson and Vulfix. It also has a lathe-turned handle. At the bottom of the description, it says:

"Please note that these brushes are hand made to order, as such manufacturing times can be anywhere between 7 - 14 days."

Anybody tried it? Seems quite inexpensive (£17.95) for a made-to-order brush.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is nice looking brush. Getting down in my price range. Thanks for sharing.

Simpson also have half price Duke 2 & Chubby 2 both in synthetic - Bargain

I’m in on the T2 as well. Picked it up w a Chubby 2 in super.
Guess it’ll be a few weeks before they arrive.

Arrived last week. Here's a snapshot for comparison. Only used them a few times. So far so good. Definitely a difference in making lather with synthetic. The T1 is fairly small-would be good travel brush.

Attachments

• F689C692-1F34-4F37-A0F8-74481F489BA2.jpeg
    F689C692-1F34-4F37-A0F8-74481F489BA2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 663
  • 11D680ED-3378-4349-9F89-8B24F9D79D4F.jpeg
    11D680ED-3378-4349-9F89-8B24F9D79D4F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 574
Handle seems to be same, aside from label and engraving, in both material and lathe work as higher priced brushes. I cant tell the difference. Fiber is different from duke synthetic in color and texture. More similar to plissoft fiber(finer and softer), but set at shorter loft.

Handle seems to be same, aside from label and engraving, in both material and lathe work as higher priced brushes. I cant tell the difference. Fiber is different from duke synthetic in color and texture. More similar to plissoft fiber(finer and softer), but set at shorter loft.

Good description. How’s performance?

I purchased the T1 as another travel brush so I may rotate with my Classic Sythn....The T1 is about the same size with two noticeable differences, easier to hold/use due to handle design and knot is larger. Softer on the face, nice splay. I love them both and will be with me on my 150+ days of travel for 2020.

Top Bottom