What's new

Anyone out there got any experience with vintage Gillette Super Silver blades made in France?

I have a small amount from England that are excellent and only use on special occasions. I've only ever used one French made Gillette blade that was an excellent performer only to leave me with neck irritation hours/days later.

IMO it's the same blade as the concurrently made (in that era) Gillette Super Stainless, i.e., "Spoiler" and was an excellent blade. The French Gillette Bleue Extra was better IMO.

Are they the ones on an orange blister? If so, they are not so good. As Bogeyman said the Bleue Extras are much better.

Are they the ones on an orange blister? If so, they are not so good. As Bogeyman said the Bleue Extras are much better.
Nope. I know all about those ones, these are a bit older. Heres a photo from Mr Razor's site:
1575123756299.png

IMO it's the same blade as the concurrently made (in that era) Gillette Super Stainless, i.e., "Spoiler" and was an excellent blade. The French Gillette Bleue Extra was better IMO.
Thank you sir, that's all I needed to know.

Top Bottom