What's new

OCtober 2019

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Correct on Blade Runner!
If you really like the Gillette Silver Blue, you will love the Nacet. My opinion (such as it is) is the Nacet is everything a GSB is, but a little bit better. Its smoother, sharper, and lasts longer. BUT, it's not as sharp or aggressive as a 7 O'Clock Black or Feather. I find in mild razors like an EJ89 or milder, I can not tell the difference between a Nacet or GSB, but in more aggressive razors like a New OC or Old Type, you can tell the Nacet is a cut above.

Have a Great One!!
That’s great to hear!!! I really like the GSB, but my cheapness wouldn’t overcome my desire to order them. But the Nacets are super inexpensive and if they’re like the GSB’s for me, the I am going to be in heaven!

I would like to petition for this thread to become a sticky for the following reasons:

1 - This thread contains pictures of alot of vintage, not often seen SE and DE razors dating back to the dawn of the SE/DE invention. As a resource, the pics are very helpful in identifying vintage razors.

2 - Its a very good, honest practical guide to OC razors. This is not a "what would you recommend in an OC" type thread, this is what did you actually USE (razor and blade combo), what actual techniques did you use, and how was the shave? good and bad points. The advice and ideas on using OCs were both very informative and based on actual usage, not theories. Really an invaluable daily shave advice thread concerning both SE and DE OC razors.

3 - This thread would be a great read for anyone just starting out with SE or DE razors. There were many very, very experienced shavers who went outside their comfort zone and used razors they had little experience using. The trials and tribulations of these shaves demonstrate to new shavers, what they are going through is not just a new user problem, its something everyone can face when using unfamiliar razors.

4 - This is a great snap-shot of OC razors, blades, shave brushes, aftershaves, balms, pre and post shave, etc. Its a great window into the current techniques and gear people are using and it comes from a large sample size.

Just my 2 cents.

Have a Great One!!

I'll add a huge thanks to Flintstone65 for setting this up. I had a great time revisiting my OCs and getting some great shaves. My apologies again for not posting pics.

Thank you @Flintstone65 for organizing. It was pretty easy for me to use the 15C the whole month as it is the only OC I have. While it performed pretty well once I perfected my technique, I think I will look out to find an OC with a somewhat heavier handle than the 15C

Flintstone65

Thank you @Flintstone65 for organizing. It was pretty easy for me to use the 15C the whole month as it is the only OC I have. While it performed pretty well once I perfected my technique, I think I will look out to find an OC with a somewhat heavier handle than the 15C
It was great having you here....and there are definitely some great OC choices (as evidenced by this thread :001_smile)!!!

So finally got around to checking out the stats and spreadsheet. @Flintstone65 what a super job you did tracking and documenting all the madness! That was a lot of work dude. But it's very cool to browse the data AND the posts. A whole lot of great info/insight and photos to be found here. Plus it was just fun being part of a community all doing the same thing for a month and sharing our experiences. Thanks again for putting it all together. I think @SucKO described the many qualities of this thread nicely.

Betcha ya ain't gonna volunteer to do something like this again soon! :)

Shave on folks!
:straight:

Flintstone65

So finally got around to checking out the stats and spreadsheet. @Flintstone65 what a super job you did tracking and documenting all the madness! That was a lot of work dude. But it's very cool to browse the data AND the posts. A whole lot of great info/insight and photos to be found here. Plus it was just fun being part of a community all doing the same thing for a month and sharing our experiences. Thanks again for putting it all together. I think @SucKO described the many qualities of this thread nicely.

Betcha ya ain't gonna volunteer to do something like this again soon! :)

Shave on folks!
:straight:
Thank you, sir! And you are right, I am taking a bit of a break -- thank goodness for No-Shave-November. But I really do like following, tracking and reporting on this stuff....so if the need arises next year, and I'm able to, I'd absolutely volunteer to do it all over again. I've even got some improvement ideas for the stats.

This truly was a great event all the way around: the members, the razors, the posts, the supportive comments and banter -- I REALLY enjoyed this OCtober and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Thank you, sir! And you are right, I am taking a bit of a break -- thank goodness for No-Shave-November. But I really do like following, tracking and reporting on this stuff....so if the need arises next year, and I'm able to, I'd absolutely volunteer to do it all over again. I've even got some improvement ideas for the stats.

This truly was a great event all the way around: the members, the razors, the posts, the supportive comments and banter -- I REALLY enjoyed this OCtober and I'm already looking forward to the next one!
Well if that's case I'm in again for next year!

Top Bottom