What's new

Beginning To Understand

Just for the B&B record, I did use Proraso green this morning and followed the same process as yesterday. There was an odd dichotomy between the fresher, 'cooler' eucalyptus and menthol and the warmth of the lather, but it wasn't off-putting in the least. In fact, it was very pleasant. I suppose most guys really want the 'cool' to stand on its own, so perhaps warming 'the green' won't be their cup of tea. But the shave was very comfortable and on these cooler mornings my face is most appreciative of a little extra TLC.

Thank you, sir. I know you are often very thorough in your replies and give them the requisite consideration. That you took so few words to express your sentiments says--and means--much to me.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Brother @DEPenguin we both enjoy words, but you is what folks on here would call a "Wordsmith", me, not so much, lol.

I consider myself yeast: in small amounts I am useful, in larger amounts I can cause a nasty infection!

You can see that the Dawg, @KeenDogg and I definitely went to different skools!

But yeast makes tasty breads and doughnuts and beer. Yeast plays an important role in life, providing flavor and character to those products it commingles with. Accordingly, you, too, bring character and color to the various discussions . . . even if you are an Arko fanboy :001_tt2:

I enjoyed reading your post. In a previous life, I was an editor at a publishing house so I appreciate your writing style. I am glad to hear you are enjoying your journey.

Today the weather in AZ has cooled quite a bit. Right now it's down to 62 degrees. :huh: Time to abandon the cold water shaves.

Supposed to be 100% chance for rain tomorrow, which means (very coincidentally) a 100% chance of another enjoyable shave tomorrow morning.

Jeff, it cracks me up when the weather forecast is for rain. I moved to AZ from FL where it rained almost every day. Two inches of rain out there is normal! Here it is an emergency.

I'm an AZ native, and it still astounds me how people here freak out when we get a moderate amount of rain. Even more perplexing is how utterly imbecilic they become when faced with a flooded underpass or an arroyo on the outskirts of town . . . some of them actually try to cross, and some not without paying a price, which they could have avoided by engaging their brain first.

FarmerTan

Back in my skywarn days NOAA told us that the biggest cause of weather related deaths was flash floods. Water is scary stuff!

That's why I only bathe onct a week.

FarmerTan

I enjoyed reading your post. In a previous life, I was an editor at a publishing house so I appreciate your writing style. I am glad to hear you are enjoying your journey.

Today the weather in AZ has cooled quite a bit. Right now it's down to 62 degrees. :huh: Time to abandon the cold water shaves.
"Down to 62 degrees"...... We in Michigan still love you.

But not much! I'm watching a dear friend fix a roof leak caused by an ice dam. In November. This global warming is killer!

Top Bottom