What's new

Proraso Sandalwood AS vs Pinaud Classic Vanilla

I just got Proraso and used it last night (had tried their green one). The smell of this one is almost identical to Pinaud Classic Vanilla that costs a fraction
IMG_20191110_134238.jpg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
My AS today...

SOTD_10_NOV.jpg

The scent is very similar but I find the face feel very different. The Proraso is a lot more present during application. I like a nice crisp tingle when I apply my AS and although I get that with the Clubman, it's sharper with the Proraso. Not sure if it's a higher alcohol content in the Proraso but I like it.

I don't have the Clubman vanilla, but I really like my Proraso, one of my favorites
and a classic to boot.

Since it’s already been resurrected, I don’t find the two similar at all. Proraso Red smells way better than Pinaud Vanilla and has far more depth; they’re different scent profiles anyway - Proraso is fresh, powdery sandalwood and Pinaud is mellow, powdered vanilla.

Another vote for Proraso red vs. Pinaud’s vanilla! (Even though I reach for the green far more often)!

I have both. I love everything Proraso Red including the aftershave. I can't say as much for the Pinaud Vanilla. One time I splashed some on before a meeting at work, and one of my colleagues complained that someone sprayed bug spray in the room.

I have and enjoy both, and find them both to be very different in the way that the smell when compared to one another. I don't reach for either one very often though. Have a bottle of each, having about 10 uses from each.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Since it’s already been resurrected, I don’t find the two similar at all. Proraso Red smells way better than Pinaud Vanilla and has far more depth; they’re different scent profiles anyway - Proraso is fresh, powdery sandalwood and Pinaud is mellow, powdered vanilla.
I agree 100%!!

Maybe exposure to 100+F changes them and smell different, or close after. ....well it melts soaps....
I really like the green one...and maybe just had too high expectations for the red.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I just got Proraso and used it last night (had tried their green one). The smell of this one is almost identical to Pinaud Classic Vanilla that costs a fractionView attachment 1033794

To my nose Sandalwood and Vanilla are quite different in terms of scent. And these two splashes behave quite differently, too.

Regarding price point, it really depends on where you live: for me it's Proraso to cost a fraction of Pinaud Clubman - exactly the opposite!

Top Bottom