What's new

Why buy a Glock 19?

I am a fortunate son. I have access to Glock's "Blue Label" plan and can buy many assorted Glock model pistols pretty reasonably. Have given some thought to buying a G19. Why not? It's probably the most popular pistol in Glock's catalog. And for good reason. But....I own a G26. Slap in a 15 round magazine with a X-Grip adapter, what do I have?
Should I be of the mindset I MUST have that few extra millimeters of barrel length, enter the 43X.
They may have no soul, but the crew at Glock have a lot of weapons savvy.

The G19 was my first Glock - any my favorite. It is great for concealed carry and for me is as accurate as my G17. I don't know about the G26 you mention but the balance of the G19 with the standard 15 round mag is great.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I like my Glock 23. I like my Glock 32. I like my Glock 30. I have owned the Glock 19 Gen2 the Glock 19 Gen3 and am now somewhere close to 20,000 rounds down range in my Glock 19 Gen4.

Most likely will be getting a Glock 19 Gen5 MOS sooner or later. I love my Glock 19.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Get a 19, it's just right. You certainly won't regret it, unless you don't get one!

It’s the Goldilocks of Glock- not too big, not too small, just right.
others are smaller, thinner or larger with longer sight radius, but the 19 can do it all.

Truth be told were I to go to that platform, it would more likely be a G23...later pick up a SIG 357 barrel to go with it.
Right now there are eight 9MM pistols in the line up, only one .40 S&W (FN FNP40).
Two Glock 9MM and one Glock .45 ACP.

Last edited:
After extensively fondling the 48x and 43 in the store them comparing the 48 to the 19 I'm probably going to eventually get the 19.
The Gen5 getting real rifling is an attraction since I mostly shoot stuff I cast myself. I'm way, WAY behind on casting though.

I HAVE also been wanting to find a place that stocks Walther pistols, I hear great things about the PPQ. Nothing says I don't eventually acquire both though.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
My only Glock, a 34 gen3, is the most finicky gun I have.. Prefer my Walthers much more - got three PPQ's, much better trigger out of the box than the Glock. Just my $0.02. My SIL loves Glocks and he has a few, including 17 and 19.

Pickup a H&K VP9SK and see what you think before you decide. They shoot well and allow for great grip customization to fit your hand. Cost here would be more than blue label Glock- you'd have to decide if it was worth it to you.

If you're looking for an excuse not to pick up a G19, I don't have one.

Though, a CZ P01 is more interesting.

I HAVE also been wanting to find a place that stocks Walther pistols, I hear great things about the PPQ. Nothing says I don't eventually acquire both though.

@RandyC remember your friends at Walther are offering a months 'getting used to you' offer so you can try it. My understanding is you send it back and they pay you back on the credit card you purchased it with.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Truth be told were I to go to that platform, it would more likely be a G23...later pick up a SIG 357 barrel to go with it.
Right now there are eight 9MM pistols in the line up, only one .40 S&W (FN FNP40).
Two Glock 9MM and one Glock .45 ACP.

The Glock 23 is the absolute choice if you want to be modular with calibers.

1. .40 caliber as is.

2. 9mm barrel and the .40 mags that came with it and you are shooting .357 Sig.

3. Same 9mm barrel but go buy a G19 mag or a MagPul mag and you are shooting 9mm.

All from the same model 23.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The Glock 23 is the absolute choice if you want to be modular with calibers.

1. .40 caliber as is.

2. 9mm barrel and the .40 mags that came with it and you are shooting .357 Sig.

3. Same 9mm barrel but go buy a G19 mag or a MagPul mag and you are shooting 9mm.

All from the same model 23.
????? I think you need more coffee. .357 Sig barrel maybe? LOL!

The bullets themselves will fit but he's going to have major feeding problems.

Top Bottom