What's new

Whoa... La Toja

sad to report that after doing the full LaToja shave today I had some irritation that wasn’t there from using the shave stick along with my go to Myrsol AS. Not sure if it was the cream, AS, or balm. I’ll try again in a few days and just use the cream with my go to Myrsol and see if the issue disappears or not. Think it could have possibly been the AS as there was no hint of anything wrong with the shave or the cream.

On another note as someone else reported, the smell of the AS and balm doesn’t exactly Smell like the soap/cream. It has more of a Proraso scent to me and as someone else mentioned more of a scent like something you could buy from Wal Mart that was Gillette branded. But for 19.99 for 200ml it’s not a bad deal.

I had a two week sample of La Toja that I used from start to finish. For me it fell into the 'I could happily use this soap for the rest of my life.....or never use it again and be just as happy' class. Which is actually a pretty good rating.
That's a great way of putting it. I keep La Toja in my travel kit. I'm always happy with it when I use it, but rarely think to use it when I'm not traveling. It's not a conscious avoidance. I just don't think about it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

sad to report that after doing the full LaToja shave today I had some irritation that wasn’t there from using the shave stick along with my go to Myrsol AS. Not sure if it was the cream, AS, or balm. I’ll try again in a few days and just use the cream with my go to Myrsol and see if the issue disappears or not. Think it could have possibly been the AS as there was no hint of anything wrong with the shave or the cream.

On another note as someone else reported, the smell of the AS and balm doesn’t exactly Smell like the soap/cream. It has more of a Proraso scent to me and as someone else mentioned more of a scent like something you could buy from Wal Mart that was Gillette branded. But for 19.99 for 200ml it’s not a bad deal.

Maybe the mineral salts. When you just use the soap/cream it gets rinsed but when you add the splash or balm (or both!) they stay on your skin. Similar to how some people have problems with alum if they don't rinse it but are fine if they do.

Maybe the mineral salts. When you just use the soap/cream it gets rinsed but when you add the splash or balm (or both!) they stay on your skin. Similar to how some people have problems with alum if they don't rinse it but are fine if they do.

So I’m guessing mineral salts in the AS/balm also. Thing is it didn’t burn or itch. I can always tell after I use Proraso AS as it makes me a little itchy after putting it on. Like I said I’ll try the cream by itself one day next week and use my favorite Myrsol brand with it. As you stated maybe the AS and ASB were a little overkill ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I’m guessing mineral salts in the AS/balm also. Thing is it didn’t burn or itch. I can always tell after I use Proraso AS as it makes me a little itchy after putting it on. Like I said I’ll try the cream by itself one day next week and use my favorite Myrsol brand with it. As you stated maybe the AS and ASB were a little overkill ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you end up not being able to use the splash or balm you can also BST them. Not a huge loss.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The La Toja Stick, Cream and Aftershave arrived today. :)

Some questions, if I may.

How are you using the stick?
Rub it on your face and then face lather?
Grate it into a shave bowl directly?
Grate it into a soap container and load your brush from there?
Something else?

i appreciate your help with this.

Thank you. :)

The La Toja Stick, Cream and Aftershave arrived today. :)

Some questions, if I may.

How are you using the stick?
Rub it on your face and then face lather?
Grate it into a shave bowl directly?
Grate it into a soap container and load your brush from there?
Something else?

i appreciate your help with this.

Thank you. :)

Rub it on and lather it up. It can handle a lot of water so don't be afraid to push it. If you are doing more then 2 passes then take a few extra seconds to really work the stick around your face.

Top Bottom