What's new

Never Been Insulted By An Ebay Seller Before Until This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been a Gillette man for as long as I've been shaving and I've always been curious about the Schick Krona razor but never had the urge to buy one until earlier in the week I won a Ebay lot of vintage Schick blades. So I decided now would be a good time to get a NOS Krona razor & pair them together. There are a few on there so I emailed one seller who had multiple with a BIN of $40 if he would accept $30, figuring he would come back and meet in the middle at $35. This was his response:

Let's see. $30 minus ebay fees and shipping means I would keep about $22 when someone else is selling them for $80 (and sold one about a week ago). I think I will keep the price at $39.95, or maybe raise it by $10.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Ive been a Gillette man for as long as I've been shaving and I've always been curious about the Schick Krona razor but never had the urge to buy one until earlier in the week I won a Ebay lot of vintage Schick blades. So I decided now would be a good time to get a NOS Krona razor & pair them together. There are a few on there so I emailed one seller who had multiple with a BIN of $40 if he would accept $30, figuring he would come back and meet in the middle at $35. This was his response:

Let's see. $30 minus ebay fees and shipping means I would keep about $22 when someone else is selling them for $80 (and sold one about a week ago). I think I will keep the price at $39.95, or maybe raise it by $10.
Where did he insult you?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Seems just like some brutal honesty on his part and that he’s already giving you a deal (in his eyes).
Or the seller is frustrated at not being able to sell his item at half of the price of the highest, recent sale. While it is difficult to know the reasoning behind such a response, it is easier to point out more professional responses. I would say the seller's low-end price has been established at $40 and would like to net ~$32.

Sorry guys if it seems like I'm crying but I was just trying to make a point that maybe wasn't clear, here's a good quote : "you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar" & it cost him a sale. I should have included in my original post that ironically I ended up buying one from the $80 guy and it didn't cost me $80.

Sorry guys if it seems like I'm crying but I was just trying to make a point that maybe wasn't clear, here's a good quote : "you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar" & it cost him a sale. I should have included in my original post that ironically I ended up buying one from the $80 guy and it didn't cost me $80.

I spent 20 years in professional sales. One thing I learned is to set a fair price and never negotiate price. It will just win you the troublesome clients.

I hope you didn't pay more than $40, though, otherwise you could've just bought it from the first seller for much less.

I spent 20 years in professional sales. One thing I learned is to set a fair price and never negotiate price. It will just win you the troublesome clients.

Negotiating is half the fun. Set the price a little higher than the price you expect to get, and list it as "Or Best Offer" so that the buyer feels like they 'worked' a deal out of you. Or don't, it's also not the end of the world to set a price and be firm about it.

The world is full of people that are different than you. They think differently. They have different opinions. They enjoy different things. Best thing to do is to just move on and don't let it bother you.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm waiting for the post by a guy who felt insulted by a lowball offer on his Krona.

I don't know, I think the seller was a little out of line. You can always just say no, there is no need to be rude about it and say something like I should raise the price. If you think you can get what you want that is fine just don't take it out on me if you aren't finding you are priced right.

In the end I think the buyer should buy at what they are comfortable with and the seller should sell at what they are comfortable with. I have been lucky with a little bit of patience and have made some great scores recently at prices I am comfortable with, but I also missed out on a few that I wonder about if I had just come up another $5...

Seller's response was a little "in your face," borderline insulting. Best would have been to poltley decline your offer and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom