What's new

Timeless .95 ss tour pass-around!!

If this arrives for me the week of Thanksgiving , I may have to swap with the guy after me. I’m headed out of town that week . If not, it will be a short shave test. We will see.

I received the package today. Here are my impressions after one shave.

It is a beautiful razor. Balanced perfectly in my hand, screaming "Use me!!!". After my usual prep (hot shower), I lathered MdC Fougere with my VP Leonhardy 23mm Silvertip. I loaded a fresh GSB in the razor & started my test drive. With the first stroke down from my right jawline this razor shaved like a fine instrument. The audible feedback of hair getting reduced was quite noticeable, though welcomed by me. It's quite easy to find the angle with this razor. I used a shallow angle for the first shave, & may try a steep angle tomorrow to see how it performs. I did 2 passes only, I wanted to see how efficient it is compared to my current #1 razor, a 2 piece RFB. I received a very smooth shave with 2 passes. The .95 plate provides a level of efficiency not found in many razors. I can see why some like the .68 plate, the .95 may seem too efficient perhaps to some. I loved how the razor maneuvered around my face. It is twice as heavy as my RFB (115g vs. 58g) & that will take a few shaves to get comfortable with. But the razor cuts effortlessly, & I can not fault it for its weight. It is a joy to use & I'm looking forward to using it for the next several days. Thank you @P@tsfan6484 for making this beaut of a razor available!
IMG_1834.jpg

It is a beautiful razor. Balanced perfectly in my hand, screaming "Use me!!!". After my usual prep (hot shower), I lathered MdC Fougere with my VP Leonhardy 23mm Silvertip. I loaded a fresh GSB in the razor & started my test drive. With the first stroke down from my right jawline this razor shaved like a fine instrument. The audible feedback of hair getting reduced was quite noticeable, though welcomed by me. It's quite easy to find the angle with this razor. I used a shallow angle for the first shave, & may try a steep angle tomorrow to see how it performs. I did 2 passes only, I wanted to see how efficient it is compared to my current #1 razor, a 2 piece RFB. I received a very smooth shave with 2 passes. The .95 plate provides a level of efficiency not found in many razors. I can see why some like the .68 plate, the .95 may seem too efficient perhaps to some. I loved how the razor maneuvered around my face. It is twice as heavy as my RFB (115g vs. 58g) & that will take a few shaves to get comfortable with. But the razor cuts effortlessly, & I can not fault it for its weight. It is a joy to use & I'm looking forward to using it for the next several days. Thank you @P@tsfan6484 for making this beaut of a razor available!
View attachment 1032013

Excellent review! It spoke to me because my current #1 shaver is also a 2 piece RFB. I am looking forward to your further comparisons.

Graydog

Biblical Innards

View attachment 1032013
Nice Review
Looking forward to seeing your next shave review.

Very Nice review. I am also looking forward to your next review. It is the heaviest razor in my den.But as you said it is so well balanced and feels amazing in your hands.

If this arrives for me the week of Thanksgiving , I may have to swap with the guy after me. I’m headed out of town that week . If not, it will be a short shave test. We will see.
Just let me know as soon as you can and we will work that out without problem.
Denny

Second shave with this beautiful instrument. First shave I rode the cap, so today I went in the other direction & used a steep angle (riding the bar). Day 2 on my GSB, I used my newly acquired Simpson Classic 2 to lather Pannacrema Nuavia Blu. First day I had a considerable amount of blade feel, though it wasn't unpleasant, I'm merely pointing it out. Today there was virtually no blade feel. And wow do those channels work to rinse the razor between passes. Another 2 pass shave today with a little touch-up along my left jawline. Two passes with a steep angle provided an excellent shave. It will be interesting to see how long the stubble stays gone. After yesterday's shave, I was stubble-free approximately 14 - 16 hours. That's 14 - 16 hours completely stubble-free. I expect the steep angle may result in not quite as close of a shave, but we'll have to wait & see. For those that don't like blade feel, use a steep angle & you'll be rewarded with a great shave with barely any blade feel.

After two shaves I realize I need a Timeless. Note I don't want one, I need one. That's a big difference! Now I need to continue enjoying this razor as I decide if I want the SS or Ti. I may get the OC & SB in the .95. Anyone want to chime in with their recommendations, I'm all ears.

@CarlosAT has sent me his mailing address, so when my time is up I can get the razor on its way. Let me know if the order is getting shuffled so I know who I need to send the razor to.
IMG_1836.jpg

Last edited:
Second shave with this beautiful instrument. First shave I rode the cap, so today I went in the other direction & used a steep angle (riding the bar). Day 2 on my GSB, I used my newly acquired Simpson Classic 2 to lather Pannacrema Nuavia Blu. First day I had a considerable amount of blade feel, though it wasn't unpleasant, I'm merely pointing it out. Today there was virtually no blade feel. And wow do those channels work to rinse the razor between passes. Another 2 pass shave today with a little touch-up along my left jawline. Two passes with a steep angle provided an excellent shave. It will be interesting to see how long the stubble stays gone. After yesterday's shave, I was stubble-free approximately 14 - 16 hours. That's 14 - 16 hours completely stubble-free. I expect the steep angle may result in not quite as close of a shave, but we'll have to wait & see. For those that don't like blade feel, use a steep angle & you'll be rewarded with a great shave with barely any blade feel.

After two shaves I realize I need a Timeless. Note I don't want one, I need one. That's a big difference! Now I need to continue enjoying this razor as I decide if I want the SS or Ti. I may get the OC & SB in the .95. Anyone want to chime in with their recommendations, I'm all ears.

@CarlosAT has sent me his mailing address, so when my time is up I can get the razor on its way. Let me know if the order is getting shuffled so I know who I need to send the razor to.
View attachment 1032338
It should Be OK as is, I was just factoring in shipping times , and thinking ahead on the razor. I should have it before the week of Thanksgiving.
Awesome review . I’m looking forward to getting my hands on it and having a few shaves with it.

Great review. I cannot say about the OC but I prefer the Ti over the stainless. It is really just about the weight though.
I bought the stainless first and I may not have bought it if I ordered the Ti 1st.

Regardless of which someone might choose, SS or Ti, I would however suggest a DC base plate as the OC/SB I have in Ti gets used every shave with the OC 1st pass and the SB 2nd pass for an almost 20hr BBS every shave!!
Ti95DC.jpg

Great review. I cannot say about the OC but I prefer the Ti over the stainless. It is really just about the weight though.
I bought the stainless first and I may not have bought it if I ordered the Ti 1st.
I agree 100% with this. I bought the SS first, then the TI. I've used the TI daily since I got it and never reach for the SS anymore.

@dmshaver

I have several Timeless razors: aluminum, titanium .68 sb, bronze .38 sb, stainless .68 sb & oc (matte & polished). All are excellent, and I won't part with any. I have had times when I used only the bronze thinking it would be my desert island razor; same with titanium. The aluminum is simply not a smooth razor, and we only meet periodically. I like the stainless oc, but it's also not for everyday (YMMV).

The one that I reach for most often is my polished stainless .68 sb w/ dimpled handle. I like the heft. I like the polish. I shave with 2 N/S passes and 1 more for clean up on my neck only; this razor is always comfortable and efficient for me. I shave 6-7 times per week. I face lather. If I had to choose only 1 razor to use for the rest of my days, it would be the polished stainless .68 sb. Good luck with your decision. I'm sure that you will be pleased with any of the razors you are considering.

IMG_0370.jpg

To several of you that have given me feedback, thank you for the input. I value this community & respect your opinions, that's why I asked.

I've not been well today & didn't shave. I'm sorry there wasn't a review today. I'm feeling better tonight & plan on getting clean shaven tomorrow. So stay tuned, a review will be forthcoming tomorrow.

To several of you that have given me feedback, thank you for the input. I value this community & respect your opinions, that's why I asked.

I've not been well today & didn't shave. I'm sorry there wasn't a review today. I'm feeling better tonight & plan on getting clean shaven tomorrow. So stay tuned, a review will be forthcoming tomorrow.
get well soon, I hope you can take time of work to recuperate rather than having to work through illness.

Just sent you a PM. I'm interested in this one. I've been on the fence about the Timeless. I have an ATT H1 that I like ok, but it's not my favorite, not quite aggressive enough. If the Timeless is better, I might seel the H1/H2 and pick one of these up instead.

Attention everyone in the Timeless pass around and the currently 'not in' group. I am aware that some may want to try the .68 instead of the .95. I can send out my Master Timeless set and then everyone could try everything. I would need to up the insurance to $250 but that is the only new requirement. It has 3 plates, 2 caps, the stand and a barber pole handle. I would have to offer it to @GlazedBoker 1st so we would have to start over. I really would like as many opinions as I can get.
Thanks
Denny

Top Bottom