What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

Another Grizzly Bay brush; my first custom! 30mm APShaveCo Cashmere knot, Grizzly cut handle in red/copper/copper flake (copper flakes literally floating in clear acrylic). Test run tomorrow, although I tested the head out by itself.
1572850162608.jpeg

I got two new brushes this week

Leonidam Molten Sapphire

and

Morris & Forndarn Style 3 Ocean Mist (26mm finest badger (knot set by Lee Sabini))
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Like the theme. Leonidam brushes are next-level. That Ocean Mist resin is so nice.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I've got a brush from Elite Razor with Jasper handle and I love this stone. Looks beautiful.

Wow, that looks fantastic! Let us know how you like the knot

Well I have used the grizzly bay with tips fan, which my wife named Aqua Man because of the colors. The handle feels great in the hand and is very comfortable. The knot has very soft tips but still has plenty of backbone but not too much. I have it set at 48mm. It is becoming one of if not my favorite badger, it would be hard to choose between it and my Brad Sears 28mm. The tips knot from turnnshave is in my opinion as good as any brush I have tried at any price point and I have tried paladin, Brad Sears, M&F, declaration grooming and more. Hope this helps someone who might want to try this knot.
Happy shaves
SMURF

Well I have used the grizzly bay with tips fan, which my wife named Aqua Man because of the colors. The handle feels great in the hand and is very comfortable. The knot has very soft tips but still has plenty of backbone but not too much. I have it set at 48mm. It is becoming one of if not my favorite badger, it would be hard to choose between it and my Brad Sears 28mm. The tips knot from turnnshave is in my opinion as good as any brush I have tried at any price point and I have tried paladin, Brad Sears, M&F, declaration grooming and more. Hope this helps someone who might want to try this knot.
Happy shaves
SMURF

Thanks for the feedback on that knot!

I just ordered a Razorock Hulk brush. This will be my third brush. I currently have a Simpson Chubby 3 in Super, and a Razorock Monster. Guess I like large brushes! :) I will post pictures when it arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just ordered a Razorock Hulk brush. This will be my third brush. I currently have a Simpson Chubby 3 in Super, and a Razorock Monster. Guess I like large brushes! :) I will post pictures when it arrives.

The Hulk! What made you get that? I saw a barber using it to lather up a client.

I’m just crazy. I like large brushes. I’m super happy with Razorock’s pliisoft knots, the Monster in particular. I plan on using the Monster for when I travel for work (which is quite often) and I will use the Hulk at home.

Just got another custom ebonite brush from Viking Soaps. Using his 26mm Odin’s Beard knot.

proxy.php
Wow that is another beauty from Viking. I am still loving mine and would like to have another one but I really need to resist. How do his knots compare to others? Hope you enjoy.
Happy shaves
Smurf

Top Bottom