What's new

Is Oneblade struggling ?

unfortunately i cant really say anything about the oneblade because i dont have one... i want one i think though.sometime just because...

Finished up all my trials with the Genesis and Hybrid. Stuck em back in the box and sent them home. Traveled one more time with the Core. Bottom line ..... on my scale of 1-10:
- 7.5 for the Hybrid (2 shaves)
- 7.0 for the Genesis (2 shaves)
- 2.86 for the Core (7shaves)

Might buy a Hybrid if there is ever a 50% (at least) off sale. Would only buy the Genesis with at least a 75% off sale. But probably not.

Wouldn’t buy a Core (glad I only spent $20). The plastic head with the FHS is just not up to the job (for me). Not sure I will keep it. Might PIF it along with the brush, soap, and aftershave that came in the trial box. Maybe.

I enjoyed the Core a lot those shaves were great , but the blades were ridiculous as a person who enjoys a bargain I just felt like they were getting over on me and I didn't like that, the cheapest I could find was $58 for 100 and with only a two shave blade life that's about 29 cents a shave that's just crazy

I enjoyed the Core a lot those shaves were great , but the blades were ridiculous as a person who enjoys a bargain I just felt like they were getting over on me and I didn't like that, the cheapest I could find was $58 for 100 and with only a two shave blade life that's about 29 cents a shave that's just crazy
Lmfao 29 cents per shave is nothing when you compare what you used to pay Proctor & Gamble for Gillette blades!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Lmfao 29 cents per shave is nothing when you compare what you used to pay Proctor & Gamble for Gillette blades!
Yup, I really don't care about cost per shave too much. Since finding this hole hobby, I could have bought Fusions at street prices and come out ahead. But I'm getting dialed in to what I want and the spending is waning.

Per shave, I wouldn't worry about 30 cents. Many spend multiples of that each working day at the Starbuck's drive through.. Shaving is much cheaper than that, even with the costliest consumables.

I know some one these forums are the guy that bought a chinese TTO, a case of Arko, an Ali Epress brush and 1000 blades for a buck. I AM NOT that man, nor do I strive to be.

Yup, I really don't care about cost per shave too much. Since finding this hole hobby, I could have bought Fusions at street prices and come out ahead. But I'm getting dialed in to what I want and the spending is waning.

Per shave, I wouldn't worry about 30 cents. Many spend multiples of that each working day at the Starbuck's drive through.. Shaving is much cheaper than that, even with the costliest consumables.

I know some one these forums are the guy that bought a chinese TTO, a case of Arko, an Ali Epress brush and 1000 blades for a buck. I AM NOT that man, nor do I strive to be.
I completely agree. I want the closest , most irritation free shave I can find.

Not only is it $19.99 now their also running another promotion throwing in 30 free blades for a few days and giving a 60 day money back guarantee.

I’m not sure what happened my guess is that they went for the ultra high premium market with their pricing and simply priced themselves out of a very niche market. In addition having the sole propriety blades can’t help.

Me personally I bought a core at $50.00 when it first came out and got some good shaves with it but my new interest and hobby into wet shaving took me down the path of no return and got into the world of DE’s and I love using my DE’s with different types of blades each yielding a different result. There is more of a craft shaving with a DE then a OneBlade that has the pivoting head.

Finally when OneBalde came out with their trial promotion. I tried that out as I wanted to see if the Genesis is that much better than the Core. On the contrary I found my Core to work as well if not better for me than the Genesis. I didn’t even try the hybrid as I wanted to go straight to what they advertise as their best razor. As always those results could be just for me as many others may differ.

Overall my OneBalde Core sits and collects dust more than anything these days. With the price drop to $19.99 for a new I’m not even sure if it’s worth for me to list it. Every now and then I’ll go back for a shave here and there as I do have many blades left. Having the propriety blades just really did it in for me and the idea you can only get two shaves out of one blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I tried that out as I wanted to see if the Genesis is that much better than the Core. On the contrary I found my Core to work as well if not better for me than the Genesis. I didn’t even try the hybrid as I wanted to go straight to what they advertise as their best razor. As always those results could be just for me as many others may differ.
I have both the Core and Hybrid. I think the Genesis does not shave any different from the Hybrid, but obviously is a nicer build. The Hybrid shaves a little closer, but I like the Core just as much.

I have both the Core and Hybrid. I think the Genesis does not shave any different from the Hybrid, but obviously is a nicer build. The Hybrid shaves a little closer, but I like the Core just as much.

Agree Chandu....outside of the materials used I really down see any real geometrical changes in head design that would yield one shave better than the other. That is not to say material doesn’t matter as it clearly does. Many guys have the same razor in different metals and depending on the metal and it’s weight it can yield a better or closer shave.

I am happy with my Core and I will use up my remaining blades whenever it is I do decide to shave with the One Blade. As I mentioned before it’s taken a back seat to many DE’s in my Den.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve called them three times because I ordered the trial Hybrid/ Genesis combo about two weeks back, just to check in and no one ever calls me back. The heck?

Anybody want my Core? I’ll send it along with the blades I have left, and the brush, soap, and aftershave samples I got with my Genesis/Hybrid trial box (all never used) to you if you want to surprise me with something out of your den.

Anybody want my Core? I’ll send it along with the blades I have left, and the brush, soap, and aftershave samples I got with my Genesis/Hybrid trial box (all never used) to you if you want to surprise me with something out of your den.

I would love to do that if thats alright with you, thanks!

I would love to do that if thats alright with you, thanks!
let us know what you think of it? i was just recently the recipient of a Pif'd core and i like it.. im curious about the brush though because i am in need of a new brush myself so im trying to get an idea of what i want to get.

Top Bottom