What's new

Whipped Dog 30mm Boar Brush?

I'm considering getting a Whipped Dog 30mm boar brush. It will be used for head lathering, and face lathering around my goatee.

Should I get the handle drilled deeper? 5mm or 10mm? Thanks.

Having zero experience with a boar knot that big, I would take Larry's advice on that. Perhaps he could bore the hole deeper and ship the brush unglued so you could experiment with different lofts.

I have a WD 30mm boar but it's either 5mm or 10mm deep. To my guess, I'd say it's 10mm because the loft is really short. Despite the short loft, there is no scritch at all. There's a good amount of backbone and nice feel to the face. I'd probably go for 5mm deep to give a bit more loft but I still enjoy my boar.

SOTD 10182019.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I'm considering getting a Whipped Dog 30mm boar brush. It will be used for head lathering, and face lathering around my goatee.

Should I get the handle drilled deeper? 5mm or 10mm? Thanks.
Cris from Another Cut Above from YouTube
Just used that 30mm knot from WD in a video
I know he uses it for head shaves and loves it.

I have a WD 30mm boar but it's either 5mm or 10mm deep. To my guess, I'd say it's 10mm because the loft is really short. Despite the short loft, there is no scritch at all. There's a good amount of backbone and nice feel to the face. I'd probably go for 5mm deep to give a bit more loft but I still enjoy my boar.

View attachment 1030741
Thanks for the info. [emoji1360]

Top Bottom