What's new

Seen on Amazon VdH page

1572826751838.jpeg

Is this really how they think people are supposed to use the razor? No wonder so many guys try wet shaving and quit because of too many weepers.

The guy in the photo is holding the TTO razor by the knob at the end of the handle. One of the worst cuts I ever got shaving was when I had a VDH TTO with the 3" handle and tried holding it at the end (I have large hands). As I shaved, the doors began to open and the blade was no longer held securely. I got a serious gash in my cheek. I thought I might need stitches, but finally stopped the bleeding. I rarely use that razor now, but if I do, I check multiple times thoughout the shave to be sure the mechanism is tight.

This product is aimed for those who don't wetshave. Wouldn't make a difference If you had a guy that shaved perfectly or someone who didn't know what the hell he was doing.

This product is aimed for those who don't wetshave. Wouldn't make a difference If you had a guy that shaved perfectly or someone who didn't know what the hell he was doing.
That's my concern, though. People who don't know what they're doing shouldn't have that as their introduction to DE shaving. He's being held forth as an expert, when he's relatively clueless - just watch him tighten the head after inserting the blade. :death:

The guy in the photo is holding the TTO razor by the knob at the end of the handle. One of the worst cuts I ever got shaving was when I had a VDH TTO with the 3" handle and tried holding it at the end (I have large hands). As I shaved, the doors began to open and the blade was no longer held securely. I got a serious gash in my cheek. I thought I might need stitches, but finally stopped the bleeding. I rarely use that razor now, but if I do, I check multiple times thoughout the shave to be sure the mechanism is tight.
Yeah, but at least he has a perfect lather........

How do you find its efficiency?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It helps to ride a good bit of the top-cap to get a shallow shaving angle.

I shave almost every day. I get close to a BBS in one pass with some touchup. That's true even when my blade has 20 shaves on it. I use Astra SP blades and Gillette Wilkinson Swords. I only own Williams Mug Soap.

Top Bottom