What's new

Nivea Sensitive. Very nice.

Just tried some Nivea Sensitive post shave balm. Very nice feel, very soothing. Awesome glass bottle. It already has witch hazel in it so it saves me a step and still has a good amount of skin tightening effect.
I think I paid 5 or 6 dollars for the 3oz bottle so it's not cheap but it is a very nice aftershave.
The only complaint about the product might be the scent, it smells like a baby product. Of course it is very light scent and probably goes away in a few minutes. It could easily be corrected with a splash of bay rum or a mist of cologne mixed in too.

More of a side note: The glass bottle is probably impossible to recycle, and it's hard to get all the product out compared to a squeeze tube. The glass is also prone to shattering if dropped and adds a significant amount of weight if you are planning to travel. It is cool though.

In my opinion, that's the best 'drug store' available aftershave. Nowadays, I just use CeraVe face cream after I splash on some aftershave or witch hazel.

In my opinion, that's the best 'drug store' available aftershave. Nowadays, I just use CeraVe face cream after I splash on some aftershave or witch hazel.
+1 i have used nivea sensitive post shave balm daily for YEARS!

I switch to the "cooling" version in summer. The scent dissipates quickly and doesnt interfere with my splash or EdT.

I use Nivea Sensitive moisturiser as aftershave. If you find the balm to be good you really should try the moisturiser. The best skin care product I've ever used.

Just tried some Nivea Sensitive post shave balm. Very nice feel, very soothing. Awesome glass bottle. It already has witch hazel in it so it saves me a step and still has a good amount of skin tightening effect.
I think I paid 5 or 6 dollars for the 3oz bottle so it's not cheap but it is a very nice aftershave.
The only complaint about the product might be the scent, it smells like a baby product. Of course it is very light scent and probably goes away in a few minutes. It could easily be corrected with a splash of bay rum or a mist of cologne mixed in too.

More of a side note: The glass bottle is probably impossible to recycle, and it's hard to get all the product out compared to a squeeze tube. The glass is also prone to shattering if dropped and adds a significant amount of weight if you are planning to travel. It is cool though.

Regarding price/value: Occasionally, you'll find $2.00 coupons for this in the coupon inserts in the Sunday paper, and I get about 10.5 months out of a bottle. So it's a pretty good price/use as well.

Also, I use a small funnel to decant into a small plastic bottle from the dollar store. Light weight, unbreakable, and you can give it a little squeeze to get the last of it out. Just lean the stack (plastic bottle on the bottom, with the funnel, and the glass bottle inverted on top) against something, and let it drain for a while.

I find the price very reasonable considering the quality of ingredients in the product. The product is weakly fragranced and the ingredients themselves play a part in the scent.

CVS has a product that is similar, but it doesn't have witch hazel. It smells and looks about the same, though, and also comes in a plastic bottle. I actually prefer it, and it costs a little less per bottle.

I really like Nivea's Sensitive Cooling balm. It doesn't have witch hazel, instead it has kelp extract. The scent seems slightly more aquatic to me, but it's still faint.

Nivea Sensitive balm has been a staple for me for years. I usually buy two bottles at a time so that I don't run out. Side story, a good friend of mine was a consultant for their parent company for six years. When they let him go a few months ago, he brought me about six bottles. My friend lost his job, Nivea lost a great employee, and I gained a few years worth of boyish good looks. OK, maybe not boyish. OK, maybe not good.

This is truly top notch stuff. I seem to always come back to it after straying in search of different scents.

I know what you mean I wish that I could find something that worked like this and smells like Thayer's cucumber.

Humphries Organic Witch Hazel followed by Nivea Sensitive, wonderful! I'm giving the splashes etc. a rest for awhile, a welcome change in the colder weather.

I know what you mean I wish that I could find something that worked like this and smells like Thayer's cucumber.

Another one to try if you like cucumber is Humphrey's Cucumber Melon toner.

Plus I think the vintage art on the bottle is cool, even if the bottle itself is plastic.

Price is not bad if you catch a deal. The Nivea and Proraso White balms are both quite good. Pre de Provence balm in the metal tube is great, too, but a bit of a splurge.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It was my go-to AS before I found B&B. Sadly, haven’t used it in a loooong time.

Top Bottom