What's new

Noob shaver, Blackland Blackbird review

3B745A77-A08C-4396-9A95-BE313FC8FFF4.jpeg

Took a couple days off for other razors, I feel bad for them lol

For anyone wondering, this new DG base is top tier.

Extremely impressed, especially for my first use! Lathered up with M&M green man, and dropped a fresh astra SP in the bird. Took a second to get used to the steep angle, but was rewarded with a very close comfortable 2 pass shave plus a little clean up. Im sure with some use, it'll get even better. OC knocked down 3 days of growth with ease.

Extremely impressed, especially for my first use! Lathered up with M&M green man, and dropped a fresh astra SP in the bird. Took a second to get used to the steep angle, but was rewarded with a very close comfortable 2 pass shave plus a little clean up. Im sure with some use, it'll get even better. OC knocked down 3 days of growth with ease.

Awesome! It takes many users a few shaves before the technique really clicks. It sounds like you're already there so it'll only get better from here!

Great to hear that the first flight was a success. Looking forward to hearing more of your impressions as the 'Bird gets some more flying time.

I find that the razor works well with multiple days of growth or as a daily driver.

Noice man, really glad you dig it. Always a gamble recommending something as personal as a razor to someone, even if you love it they might fully hate it.

Stoked it’s working for you!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I got my blackbird on the initial run, and got the OC plate when it was first released. They are at the top of my agression tolerance and I cant use them a lot. But when I do, the shave is amazing. Mine is the all black version, and I call it the Darth Vader razor. Great thread @Steinmetzify .

Second shave went just as well, if not slightly better. 2 days growth dissapeared like nothing, and now I'm left wondering if I've ever even had hair on my face. The bird blasted through it like nothing was there. Really like this razor. Just heavy enough without weighing a ton, nimble enough to get the hard to reach places, and leaves an extremely close shave.

Attachments

• 20191029_133056.jpg
    20191029_133056.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
Second shave went just as well, if not slightly better. 2 days growth dissapeared like nothing, and now I'm left wondering if I've ever even had hair on my face. The bird blasted through it like nothing was there. Really like this razor. Just heavy enough without weighing a ton, nimble enough to get the hard to reach places, and leaves an extremely close shave.

Give it like 5 more shaves and tell me you don’t like it a lot more than your Timeless.

It's already giving better shaves! 24 hours later and I'm just now starting to get some stubble back, that's crazy.

Right? I figured I'd keep a few other razors around for those days I wanted 'easier shaves' and then it turned out I didn't want any, so they got sold/PIFd.

FWIW, I've found that 3 passes means I don't really have to shave the next day. Kind of defeats the purpose of all these soaps though, gnome sane? So I'll do one XTG and one ATG and still shave the next day.

Excellent shave today with my Favorite Razor, the One & Only Blackland Blackbird!
Thanks Shane for creating such a masterpiece!
View attachment 1030692

NOICE!

That's the thought process! I still like how the timeless shaves enough to keep it, atleast for when I need to shave daily. I think I might get some irritation with the OC if I was shaving daily. And you're right about the soap. I keep acquiring these soaps I need to use up lol.

That's the thought process! I still like how the timeless shaves enough to keep it, atleast for when I need to shave daily. I think I might get some irritation with the OC if I was shaving daily. And you're right about the soap. I keep acquiring these soaps I need to use up lol.

Dude. You should see my box. I just kept buying them because I loved trying out new scents. I've been trying to down a tin of WSP for almost 6 weeks now.....it's only at half. At this rate I should have enough soaps to last me maybe 10 years if not longer, and just had 3 more show up today via a trade with a friend.I'm never going to get thru them all. Need to do a big PIF for soaps.

Dude. You should see my box. I just kept buying them because I loved trying out new scents. I've been trying to down a tin of WSP for almost 6 weeks now.....it's only at half. At this rate I should have enough soaps to last me maybe 10 years if not longer, and just had 3 more show up today via a trade with a friend.I'm never going to get thru them all. Need to do a big PIF for soaps.
Yeah, I'm the same way. I love new scents. Just a few weeks ago, wanted some aftershave to pair with my mudderfocker soap because I loved the scent. Once that was in the cart, decided it wouldn't hurt to hit the $60 for free shipping lol. More soap it is. It is nice being able to change the scent up every few shaves, but easy to acquire way too much.

Top Bottom