What's new

Best soap scent ever.

There are so many categories of scents that it makes it hard to pick a favorite since it depends on the mood.

I have tried literally HUNDREDS of soaps and creams but my all time favorite scent is Storybook Soapworks Shaken- this scent is simply amazing and a masterpiece IMO. Sandalwood and very complex with notes of Money make it different and unique, nothing else quite like it.

another great scent is PDP 63 which is a sandalwood coffee cologne type scent. Would love to pick up the EDT one of these days. Closest thing would be A&E Revolution.

Wet The Face Christmas Time- one of the best Pine/Basalm/Fir scents I have encountered. It is strong and refreshing with top notch performance.

WCS Rose Otto- a beautiful Rose scent, bold yet not feminine per say more of a neutral Rose floral.

L&L Mayflower- very nice floral scent with notes of Honeysuckle that add some depth without making it too sweet.

A&E Kalifa- very unique scent that is hard to describe, closest thing would be Noble Otter Monarch but they have their differences. It is a sweet scent that reminds me of Grape Bubblegum.

Catie’s Bubbles LTV, performance wise it’s not my favorite but scent is outstanding.

Stirling Gatlinburg is amazing, especially in fall/winter

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Of course this is just my opinion but I just used Mystic Water Bay Rum soap and the scent just smells so good. This is not the first time I have used it but it still blows me away at how pleasant the scent is.
Of course performance is more important and it definitely shines there also. This is a top performing soap. I prefer using the stick over a puck but both work great. I find I can use less soap than other soaps and get as much lather.
This is the best Bay Rum soap I have ever used and the best scent for a soap period. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend you do.

View attachment 1029565
View attachment 1029566
great review and pics. i havent thought about mystic water in sometime. i think i have a puck or two somewhere. but you got me with this rave review on bay rum. after reviewing the site i like how it is not a clove based scent. so that and i have been interested in shave sticks for awhile and have never tried one i went on and bought bay rum and lime shave sticks.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
There are so many categories of scents that it makes it hard to pick a favorite since it depends on the mood.

I have tried literally HUNDREDS of soaps and creams but my all time favorite scent is Storybook Soapworks Shaken- this scent is simply amazing and a masterpiece IMO. Sandalwood and very complex with notes of Money make it different and unique, nothing else quite like it.

another great scent is PDP 63 which is a sandalwood coffee cologne type scent. Would love to pick up the EDT one of these days. Closest thing would be A&E Revolution.

Wet The Face Christmas Time- one of the best Pine/Basalm/Fir scents I have encountered. It is strong and refreshing with top notch performance.

WCS Rose Otto- a beautiful Rose scent, bold yet not feminine per say more of a neutral Rose floral.

L&L Mayflower- very nice floral scent with notes of Honeysuckle that add some depth without making it too sweet.

A&E Kalifa- very unique scent that is hard to describe, closest thing would be Noble Otter Monarch but they have their differences. It is a sweet scent that reminds me of Grape Bubblegum.
hmmm this shaken seems very interesting....any more of a scent description or push to enable me?

great review and pics. i havent thought about mystic water in sometime. i think i have a puck or two somewhere. but you got me with this rave review on bay rum. after reviewing the site i like how it is not a clove based scent. so that and i have been interested in shave sticks for awhile and have never tried one i went on and bought bay rum and lime shave sticks.

You will love them both. I have the lime also. I bought it because I read so many good reviews about the scent. And the performance is the best.

Saponificio Opuntia

proxy.php

When I started doing this wetshaving thing, I used to walk by my cabinet and open a few at a time to smell them.

Lately the only one that makes me want to do that is YRP from Declaration. I love that scent so much.

You will love them both. I have the lime also. I bought it because I read so many good reviews about the scent. And the performance is the best.

What do you mean by the best? Like, the best of all shave soap brands?? Sorry, but there is no way that Mystic Water, good as it may be, is the best performing soap brand. Let’s keep it real here.

Caties Bubbles LPV is a great scent, but as mentioned before in this thread, performance is not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean by the best? Like, the best of all shave soap brands?? Sorry, but there is no way that Mystic Water, good as it may be, is the best performing soap brand. Let’s keep it real here.

I disagree with you. I think it's the best you can buy. Period!

Top Bottom