What's new

Mince me an oath!

What do you think?

• Mince pies, not oaths.

• Why, I never!

• Don’t mind if I do.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Funniest overheard use of invectives:

A group of great-nephews, no older than second graders, walking together outside a relative's house. One kept saying "dang" this and "dang" that. Finally, one of the boys said "You better stop all that cussing."

Not much of a fan of minced oaths, but always love a creative way to insult, one of my favorites from my favorite movie: “if my dog was as ugly as you, I would shave its butt and tell him to walk backwards” and of course, the classic: “you play ball like a girl!”

My mother’s favorite was “Garden peas!”
A coworker said “Ships in the night!”
A common one in these parts is “Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit.”

My mother’s favorite was “Garden peas!”
A coworker said “Ships in the night!”
A common one in these parts is “Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit.”

A lovely assortment! :thumbup1: I may try to adopt “Ships in the night” for those minor setbacks and annoyances.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Son of a flea bitten seagull. I've used this myself a fair few times. I first heard it when I was about 10 and watching a group of three generations building the forms for concrete steps and I guess someone hit their thumb with a hammer. Tons of kids around . . . have to respect the creativity under pressure.

In Ireland, some people say feck instead of the other word. It’s no where near as offensive and my mother used to use it all the time.
Example; Would you look at that fecker over there?

In school we used to say Bad Basketballplayer. It sounds like you’re about to say something else until the last few syllables.

Back in the days when my 2 boys were little and impressinal I used the handy substitutes like "mother father" "cheese and rice" and Granny from the Sylvester & Tweety cartoons favourite... "flippitygiiblet" when there was to be an expletive to be deleted around "thirsty ears" that kids have.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
John:
How about;

"That kid is dumber than a box of door knobs".

BTW, Foghorn Leghorn has a few good ones;

proxy.php
"Humor can alter any situation and help us cope at the very instant we are laughing”. Allen Klein

All quiet on the western front. Family friendly reading material:

Top Bottom