What's new

Facon razor 3.75$

The threading of the handle seems standard. It fits some vintage Techs of mine. There was gunk in the threading, though. I suspect leftover from tapping the threads. A drop of oil and screwing it off and on a few times cleared it out.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The threading of the handle seems standard. It fits some vintage Techs of mine. There was gunk in the threading, though. I suspect leftover from tapping the threads. A drop of oil and screwing it off and on a few times cleared it out.

It snugly fits the FaTip Piccolo SE, which has a non-standard size post.

Works well - shaved with the FaTip Piccolo SE Gentile Base. Very comfortable, good balance.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Mine arrived yesterday. The blades arrived just fine. The razor head is pretty ugly due partly to the poor playing job and partly to to jagged look of the top cap.
With a blade loaded in it, the blade gap looked scary aggressive but appeared to be straight. So I decided to give it a go.
Ignoring the appearance of the razor, it gave me a pretty nice shave. I can't say for sure how many shaves I'll be able to get out of the head since it appears to have exposed zmac, but I think I'll get my $4 out of it.
View attachment 1029248View attachment 1029249View attachment 1029250View attachment 1029251View attachment 1029252

You are braver than I am.

I haven't tried shaving with this yet, but I might....it does look a bit scary. I've got several razor heads that are in the trash category. Oddly, they all seem to be Merkur clones like this.

If anyone who has purchased these is interested in selling the handle, please PM me. I'm looking for a bigger handle for my Piccolo. It seems you cannot buy just a Fatip handle, and I really don't need another razor. I may just buy a Grande anyway, but if you don't have an old Gillette or a Fatip and bought one of these Facon's, I'd be interested in buying the handle from you.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If anyone who has purchased these is interested in selling the handle, please PM me. I'm looking for a bigger handle for my Piccolo. It seems you cannot buy just a Fatip handle, and I really don't need another razor. I may just buy a Grande anyway, but if you don't have an old Gillette or a Fatip and bought one of these Facon's, I'd be interested in buying the handle from you.
The Facon handle does work wonderfully on the Piccolo.

I was going to buy another Facon razor just to get another handle, but it looks like the ability to buy one on eBay has been withdrawn.

Top Bottom