What's new

Best soap scent ever.

Of course this is just my opinion but I just used Mystic Water Bay Rum soap and the scent just smells so good. This is not the first time I have used it but it still blows me away at how pleasant the scent is.
Of course performance is more important and it definitely shines there also. This is a top performing soap. I prefer using the stick over a puck but both work great. I find I can use less soap than other soaps and get as much lather.
This is the best Bay Rum soap I have ever used and the best scent for a soap period. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend you do.

Bay Rum.jpg

Hawk_MW.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Need I use words to explain how wonderful Tabac's scent is?

I can think of several. None however, are good lol.

IMG_3143.jpg

Thats my favorite scent so far. Sort of like a light flowery Sandalwood. I think of it like the blossoms on a Sandalwood tree.

88354033-a-sandalwood-tree.jpg

I'm only three shaves in with it and performance is good, but not top tier to me.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The most exquisitely refined one I have ever used is Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. However, my tastes run simpler and the light almond of the original P.160 Tip Morbido remains my favorite.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I absolutely love sandalwood.

Do yourself a favor, if you havent yet.

IMG_3150.jpg

I think its a true Sandalwood scent, I get no other notes from it and it lingers a long time. Performance is top shelf for me.

Captain's Choice Sandalwood is intoxicating. It's a fairly strong Sandalwood scent but it has a smokey, smouldering note to it like an incense might and it lingers very well too. Performance is every bit as good as P&B and maybe better. Scott, of Captains Choice, makes a very nice shave cream. Add a tub of CC North if you make an order. It smells like the Canadian wilderness in October.

Moose Hunt, 2003.JPG

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Many good scents available but you have to try this Mystic Water Bay Rum. It is so pleasantly different.

Mystic Water soaps have been on my radar a while now. I dont have a nice Bay Rum so I'll keep it in mind when I'm ready to start looking to fill that slot.

Do yourself a favor, if you havent yet.

View attachment 1029628

I think its a true Sandalwood scent, I get no other notes from it and it lingers a long time. Performance is top shelf for me.

Captain's Choice Sandalwood is intoxicating. It's a fairly strong Sandalwood scent but it has a smokey, smouldering note to it like an incense might and it lingers very well too. Performance is every bit as good as P&B and maybe better. Scott, of Captains Choice, makes a very nice shave cream. Add a tub of CC North if you make an order. It smells like the Canadian wilderness in October.

View attachment 1029630

Beauty! I'll have these in mind in a next purchase spree. Thanks.

I'm a Bay Rum lover, I mean I got it bad, I've always just preferred it as a post shave thing though, not a soap. Looks like you found yourself a winner Ron.

Top Bottom