Soap: Henri et Victoria - Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Razor : Merkur krabber. 20C
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Score : 85

IMG_20191025_113258_746.jpg

SOTD 20191025.
proxy.php

proxy.php

TFS Rasozero "Spiffero" pre shave cream.
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
TFS Rasozero "Spiffero" shaving soap.
Wilkinson Sword Shaving System (1).
TFS Rasozero "Spiffero" AS.

Friday
Pre-shave: Trader Joe’s Face Wash
Razor: Gillette 1940s SuperSpeed
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Red)
Brush: EverReady C40
Soap: Mama Bear’s Hydrogen Shave Soap
Aftershave: Alum/TOBS No. 74
Balm: Clarins Men Super Moisture Gel

Fatip Zebrano Handle Razor
Kai Stainless Steel Blade
Proraso Nourish Shave Soap
Cremo Horsehair Brush
Duke Cannon Ice Cold Balm
Kramperts Finest Bay Rum

Friday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Executive Man
Soap: WSP Rustic Mahogany
Razor: Vintage Gillette Pre-War Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5)
Brush: Knotsinyourhead/Whipped Dog Silvertip-20mmx48mm
Aftershave: YSL M7 Oud Absolu EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

WSP Rustic Mahogany today. 20 seconds to load the Knotsinyourhead/Whipped Dog Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Personna Med Prep still in the Fat Handle Tech. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with YSL M7 Oud Absolu EdT.

Bob

proxy.php

2019-10-25

Ikea Bowl ¤ Vie-Long 2-band ¤ FaTup Classic + Lord
Proraso Sandalwood Soap ¤ Proraso Sandalwood ASL

proxy.php

proxy.php

SOTD 10/25/2019

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: KING COBRA
Blade: FEATHER Professional
Brush: SEMOGUE Ovners Club cerda
Pre-Shave: Agua caliente
Lather: PHOENIX (HTGAM Synergy 1.0 )CAVENDISH
Aftershave: EPSILON Scottish Spirit
Additional Care:
MYRSOL emulsión​

C3D7FA64-0C69-4308-A0FE-98BA04745D6D.jpeg

Finished that splash; on the one hand I’m sad about it because it was great. OTOH I’m still newish at this and never 3017d anything before. Go me.

Saturday SOTD
DSC09487.JPG

Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade Feather (D6)
Brush: Rubberset 49-5 W 28mm Zenith Boar
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Oil: AOS Oud
Shave Soap: Mickey Lee Drunken Goat
Balm: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

SOTD 10/25/19
Soap: C&S Oxford & Cambridge
Brush: Musgo Synthetic
Razor: Edwin Jagger 316
Blade: GSB
Aftershave: Floris Santal
IMG_5686.jpeg

Last edited:

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0012 - Edited.jpg

Saturday 10.26.19 SOTD
RazoRock Artisan Bar Soap lather and rise
Gillette ball end NEW LC gold / Gillette Nacet (1)
Vintage Kingsley (Austria) Pure Badger
Williams Shaving Soap in a vintage mug
Old Spice Cologne Original

DSCF0014 - Edited.jpg

SOTD 26th October (I'm in Japan, so it's already Saturday)

Pre-shave: hot shower and towel
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (#1)
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Cream: Musgo Real Spiced Citrus, bowl lathered
A/S: Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus

I am largely just posting this because this research trip to Japan has given me the opportunity to shave with essentially the same setup daily for what is now ten days. I have gotten away from Musgo Real in recent months but took my Spiced Citrus along for the ride. What a great performing cream - it's not quite up to the level of a DR Harris or Stirling tallow-based soap, but nevertheless it's tremendous. Likely the best performance of any cream I've got. I've also had the chance to dial in my work with my Merkur 34C and Feather blades. All in all, a BBS here on a sunny Saturday morning. Enjoy your weekend, all!

Declaration Grooming | Massacre of the Innocents
DrivenLegend Red & Black | APShaveCo Tuxedo 30mm
Ever-Ready SE | Delta Echo | Gem PTFE
Parfums de Marly | Herod

proxy.php

I am quite pleased to have acquired one of the latest offerings from Declaration Grooming. Massacre of the Innocents is influenced by Parfums de Marly's Herod EdP. After using MOTI just once, I was compelled to pick up a bottle of Herod. This is a lovely cool weather fragrance. The soap and splash do a nice job of approximating the essence of Herod but certainly can't begin to replace it as there is a level of depth and intricacies that are simply not possible to duplicate in the soap or splash medium. I will thus restrict the following impressions to that of MOTI which is quite enjoyable by itself, but if you find this to be pleasant, I strongly encourage you to acquire a bottle of Herod. You will not be disappointed.

Massacre of the Innocents opens with spicy, woody vanilla with an understated cinnamon. It falls just sort of "festive" to me, and for that I'm grateful. From start to finish, the fragrance maintains this warm, cozy, smoky vanilla, but the cinnamon fades in favor of wood and resin. This is soon met with a well-blended tobacco and cedar essence that's reminiscent of a walk-in humidor where the sweeter blends are just inside the entrance. The whole accord swells and ultimately acquires a conservative pleasant musk base without abandoning the warm, smoky, vanilla and woods.

With regard to performance, this was my second use of Declaration Grooming's "milksteak" base, and it continues to impress. It loads a bit more intuitively than Icarus, but from a personal perspective, nothing will replace the unique marshmallow cream loading of their prior bison tallow base. Milksteak lathers just as easily, requiring a typical amount of water, but going just a bit beyond that will raise the performance level. The results are a dense, creamy lather that's quite reminiscent of Icarus. After having used this twice, I feel like the primary and residual slickness that was already outstanding in Icarus, has been improved upon with Milksteak. The post-shave is stellar, but given the performance of today's most elite artisanal soaps, I can't say Milksteak has made a dramatic level change. It's just difficult to even conceive of something beyond perfect which is where I believe about five artisans are right now, yet they're all quite different. Some post-shaves have a natural feel, as if I'd never dragged a blade across my scalp. Others provide a moisturized sensation, and some of those last all day long. Then there are others that leave my scalp feeling silky. I really enjoy all of these "types" of post-shave. My impression of Milksteak is that it's in the "natural" category. I don't want to be the one to pump the hype brakes, because this base is without question one of the best I've used. However, it seems like a natural progression from an artisan who is attempting to tweak as opposed to overhaul.

One aspect I have not mentioned, yet is probably important to some, is the animalic coloring from the Icarus base. I did note this with Icarus, particularly with it's debut fragrance, Santal Auster, but it didn't particularly bother me. I found that airing out the tub was enough to mitigate this effect. In more robust fragrances like Darkfall, I never picked up on these overtones as compared to the bison base. It is my understanding that Milksteak strives to overcome this hurdle, and it may have been the impetus for the formula change. I certainly looked for the animalic coloring in this base, but I could not detect it. Since I was never particularly sensitive to it, I'll let others make that judgment. As per Jason Rudman's review of the unscented Milksteak, it would seem to be a non-issue, now, and that alone may very well be the reason some "upgrade" their favorite scents from Declaration Grooming.

BONUS PIC

proxy.php

Sorry for the poor quality of the picture...

Vintage Trumper Rose Shaving Soap with tallow is the best soap I've yet to try.

Top Bottom