What's new

October 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in! I failed to check my AS stash before I began this month and have run out of Pinaud Clubman, but I'm staying strong and a great Sunday shave today.

GEM 1912
GEM PTFE (19)
Mike's Lime
Vie-Long BGS2012 Butterscotch Beehive Natural Horse
Grey Flannel

Still in.

Good shave this morning with Feather SS using Mystic Water Rosslimone. Got a perfect lather.

Did two passes and called it good.

Sorry gents for not posting so much this month, but rest assured I’m still in...

proxy.php

Still in!
SOTD
Head and Face

Merkur Futur setting 6 to start
Astra SP x1
Thater Premium White Boar Beehive Brush
PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
Captain's Choice Ceramic Bowl

Going all in on this shave! Shave postponed due to pool closing people arrived. Post results later today. Have not used the Futur for quite awhile and never on 6. Brush is a love/hate relationship but even after 6+ months it is still blooming and getting better. (Do not use it alot, prefer my Chubbies in Badger). PannaCrema Nuavia, my #1 soap base. Stay tuned! Should be eye opening! Either a great shave or end up in the ER for a blood transfusion! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
20191021_112504.jpg

Last edited:
So far so good. RazoRock SLOC with Bic blade and Gillette Foamy. This can is about done for, but have shaving soaps and more foam, even gels. Will have to use down the Creamo Cream at some point.

Um, well. . . I kinda slipped twice or three times. . .. but a Simpson Chubby 2 in SUPER for $120? C'mon!!!!!!! It's pure luxury.
Can't beat that! I have one as well. Hell, for 120 I'd have bought another!
Still in!
SOTD
Head and Face

Merkur Futur setting 6 to start
Astra SP x1
Thater Premium White Boar Beehive Brush
PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
Captain's Choice Ceramic Bowl

Going all in on this shave! Shave postponed due to pool closing people arrived. Post results later today. Have not used the Futur for quite awhile and never on 6. Brush is a love/hate relationship but even after 6+ months it is still blooming and getting better. (Do not use it alot, prefer my Chubbies in Badger). PannaCrema Nuavia, my #1 soap base. Stay tuned! Should be eye opening! Either a great shave or end up in the ER for a blood transfusion! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
View attachment 1027820
Alright, pool is closed so shave went down. Wonderful slow shave. No pressure on the Futur on setting 6. 2 pass BBS face shave. (WTG & ATG). 2 pass BBS head shave with a pickup on setting 1. Funny that I got my 1 cut on setting 1 on my head trouble spot. Other than that no redness or irritation. Postshave was just the PannaCrema leftovers. The PannaCrema Nuavia soap base is my solid #1 base.

I failed over the weekend while visiting NYC, I had to stop in Pastuer's and support Leon.

Last edited:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I'm still in. After not shaving for a week, I got out a puck of WTP and shaved it all off with a one pass Picollo shave. My brother bought me a straight razor, soap, and a badger brush for my birthday while he was in Italy, but hasn't sent them to me yet, so I think I will make it to the end of the month.

I did, however get a really good deal on a Fender guitar, but that is a different kind of axe.
20191020_202722[1].jpg

Limping into the finish! :a15: :a15:

Fortunately, I won one of the Saint Sue Moore Auctions!! (Apparently, that doesn’t count against us!)

Still in!

Fantastic two-pass shave this morning with my Feather SS loaded with a Proline that is at least on its 8th or 9th shave (still smooth!).

For lather I used a soap made by fellow B&B member JetPilot. It is a rich, 5-butter soap that is thirsty but produces a fantastic, amazing lather. The scent was supposed to smell like Capn Crunch with Crunchberries. It doesn't, really, and it's not my favorite scent, but the lather is so good I can forgive it.

Used up two cans of goo this morning. One was The Edge, which I've used off and on for several years, and a travel size of Gillette gel. The Foamy can might join them tomorrow, and I still have cans of cream and a can of goo on the shelf.

Didn't get a good shave yesterday morning, which is unusual with the SLOC, Bic or Wilkerson blade, and it might be related to the Foamy running out. Knocked it down with an unused Good News Plus I had in the medicine cabinet, and used it again this morning. I usually don't get good shaves out of the Good New Plus, and last night was just a "knock down" shave. Used it again this morning because I had less stubble than anticipated.

Hmm ... maybe I should just use what's left of my VDH Luxury soap tomorrow, and toss what's left of the Foamy.

Addendum
No, I didn't mix The Edge with Gillette Gel. No telling what kind of reaction that would get. I tried The Edge and found the can was finally empty. Then I reached for the travel sized Gillette Gel, and used the last little bit of it. I'm not a big fan of goo, but at least you don't wind up with "slop" like you do when canned foam runs out.

Still in!
SOTD
Face only

Timeless Titanium .95OC/Scalloped
Astra SP x1
Thater Premium White Boar
Pereira Shavery Orange Cinnamon
Captain's Choice HW Copper Bowl

First use of the Orange Cinnamon. Been saving this for cool weather. Scent off the puck and while lathering is warm, spicy and wonderful. Sadly after a cold water rinse the scent disappears! Does not linger like the Water Blossom. Very slight scent remains in my Goatee. Soap base is great, it's a top 5 for me but disappoints in the postshave scent. Great slickness and residual slickness. Got a great 3 pass shave which I expected but I was expecting a more robust postshave scent. I'll use it up but will stick with the Water Blossom scent. It's a black soap but lathers a gray/white and does not discolor the brush at all if you are worried about Pereira soaps. All in all a great DFS+ face shave just lacks postshave scent. Too bad because it is a wonderful scent. Oh, the plastic bowl is very flimsy and ****ty for the quality of the soap.
20191023_114754.jpg

Top Bottom