What's new

Time to Embrace my Masculinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
...the last of my cartridge stash—just placed an order for enough wet shaving paraphernalia to get started. :)

My toxic masculinity drove me to throw my Gillette handles away (after I used up all the March cartridges I horded over the years); I then thought I would try the various 'shave clubs,' only to learn that they dislike me nearly as much as Gillette...so cancelled the moment the trial packs arrived. #NotVeryWoke

It was then suggested that few things in life are as masculine as wet shaving—and rubbing the hair of a dead animal on our faces just seems manly. Finding out that there are fine shaving creams that hint of fresh-cut wood put me over the top. I'm in. :)

IMG_5176 - Copy.jpg

I'm new too. welcome to the adventure.

my very first tub of proraso red soap and AS arrived before I went out to dinner last night.

wow.

that sandalwood concoction had lather galore. even on the trip back I could smell both on me.

good luck with the learning.

I'm not sure why reproductive organs need to define our political allegiance and ideology, only to serve the elites distribution of power without anyone's consent. But it's the world we live in. The best thing to do is ignore them and do your thing.

Welcome to B&B.

I had certainly not seen any references to political allegiance untill you brought it up. Perhaps you are responding to a deleted post?

I have a Merkur 38C HD en route, along with some other accouterments to get me started:

• Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream Bowl, Sandalwood (wood sounded manly)
  • Proraso shaving kit (pre/post cream, shaving cream, aftershave balm)
  • Proraso aftershave (not an aftershave guy, but will try it)
  • Astra Superior Platinum sample
  • Feather Double-Edged sample
  • Personna sample
  • Wilkerson sample
  • Trying some 'Shave secret' oil either pre-shave or a few drops in the cream as I lather it up

Still unsettled on a brush. I also saw a SWEET bowl/scuttle/whatever it is called, so still looking around for something that speaks to me, but I am at least on the path to conversion. :)

merkur-38c-hd.jpg

I bought a Semogue 830 boar brush. Rubbing a pigs hair on your face is super manly! Seriously though, it a nice soft brush that doesn’t smell like most natural hair brushes do, and it just keeps getting softer as it breaks in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have a Merkur 38C HD en route, along with some other accouterments to get me started:

• Personna sample
  • Wilkerson sample
  • Trying some 'Shave secret' oil either pre-shave or a few drops in the cream as I lather it up

Still unsettled on a brush. I also saw a SWEET bowl/scuttle/whatever it is called, so still looking around for something that speaks to me, but I am at least on the path to conversion. :)

View attachment 1027554
you're well on your way.

might not touch the plastic stuff again!

• Personna sample
  • Wilkerson sample

View attachment 1027554

Nice kit, Terp.
BTW- If you didn't already know, Astra and Chinese Wilkinson blades are both Gillette products (however, German Wilkinsons are not).

Happy shaving.
Enjoy sticking a pig in your face. :thumbup:

Nice kit, Terp.
BTW- If you didn't already know, Astra and Chinese Wilkinson blades are both Gillette products (however, German Wilkinsons are not).

Happy shaving.
Enjoy sticking a pig in your face. :thumbup:

I wondered about that!

I though Gillette might have their hand in the cookie jar of other brands that are subsidiaries (questioned if they made that barbosal cream), but did not do my due diligence on everything I purchased.

Thank you, sir! Granted, the $5 I spent on them probably only added $2.19 to their coffers, but the toxic among us need to band together and starve them of their hate-speech fund. :)

...because I am not (that) stupid, I'll use them; but I won't buy them again, that's for sure. :eek2:

I use a Merkur 38C every day--my guess is you'll come to love it. I find it to be a great mid-point razor. By that I mean it's not as mild as some but not nearly as aggressive as others. I've used a few on each side of the equation and kept coming back to the 38C. But it works for me, and your needs may be entirely different.

Putting a Feather in that bad boy is, indeed, manly, I would say! I'd wait until you have your technique down before attempting such a masculine act. :biggrin1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom