What's new

Bootleggers Bay Rum review

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Thanks for the feedback, Okie! Bootlegger's hits a number of winning characteristics for me...scent and longevity being the biggest two. But quantity and quality for the price are also excellent. There are plenty of Bay Rums on the market, some I like very much, but if you do the math, you end up paying a lot more for less product for many of them.

You're not wrong. :) That Bootlegger's stuff, sounds pretty perfect! You know, you are probably never going to fully appreciate how good My Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum is over other bay rums, unless you let me send you a few samples of my other aftershaves?

Then you will finally realize, what all of the hub-bub in the aftershave forum about Bootlegger's is all about! :)

Ordered a bottle of VIBR and a bottle of Master BR – the bottle of Master arrived cracked with the shipping box soaking up about 2 oz. – and made a batch of Bootleggers. All I can say is: Wow! Smells amazing and the glycerin in the Master BR makes my skin feel soft and supple. Just a great skin feel – I can't stop feeling my face. And the scent is still lingering 2 hours later. This stuff is A1!

OkieStubble

Ordered a bottle of VIBR and a bottle of Master BR – the bottle of Master arrived cracked with the shipping box soaking up about 2 oz. – and made a batch of Bootleggers. All I can say is: Wow! Smells amazing and the glycerin in the Master BR makes my skin feel soft and supple. Just a great skin feel – I can't stop feeling my face. And the scent is still lingering 2 hours later. This stuff is A1!

Great review!

Masters and Superior 70 differ only by color, glycerin, and concentration of oil. Otherwise they are basically rubbing alcohol + bay oil.

Last edited:
While I haven't formally mixed any, I do like to follow Osage Rub with a big splash of Lime Sec. A nice ending to a hot humid Arkansas day.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Sooo, you're not interested in trying,

Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum?

Bootlegger's Perfecto Virgina?

Bootlegger's Perfecto Maduro?

Bootlegger's El Dorado?

Bootlegger's Green Freeze?

Bootlegger's Artic Lime Blast?

They're all wonderful and famous, not just the Original Bay Rum? :)

Hello everyone!

What is this and where is it available?

Vito's Colonia Tobacco

JCarr

OkieStubble

Thanks for the link, OkieStubble! After reading the description on this product, doesn't mention tobacco at all but citrus, I ordered a bottle and will be giving the Perfecto Bootlegger formulas a try.

Oh snap! you're right, that isn't it! Sorry dude. Lots of hours at work makes for a sleepy boy. The last time I knew, Vito's Colonia tobacco was VERY hard to find. The only supplier was TVB Shaving out of Slovenia. However, Their website doesn't come up anymore as of late, like they dropped off the map.

I don't know if anyone else knows anything about them? I have just completed a move to a new house and everything has been out of sorts. I actually just unpacked and organized my over 250 different aftershaves today.

I have several other members who have been patiently waiting on me to finish unpacking that I need to get samples off to this weekend. I'll never attempt a move while trying to still work ever again. :) If you send me your mailing address, I will send you a healthy sample of the Perfecto's. I would enjoy hearing what you think of the Perfecto's while I concentrate on coming up with a replacement of the Vito's Tobacco for my Bootlegger's Perfecto Virginia and Perfecto Maduro.

JCarr

Oh snap! you're right, that isn't it! Sorry dude. Lots of hours at work makes for a sleepy boy. The last time I knew, Vito's Colonia tobacco was VERY hard to find. The only supplier was TVB Shaving out of Slovenia. However, Their website doesn't come up anymore as of late, like they dropped off the map.

I don't know if anyone else knows anything about them? I have just completed a move to a new house and everything has been out of sorts. I actually just unpacked and organized my over 250 different aftershaves today.

I have several other members who have been patiently waiting on me to finish unpacking that I need to get samples off to this weekend. I'll never attempt a move while trying to still work ever again. :) If you send me your mailing address, I will send you a healthy sample of the Perfecto's. I would enjoy hearing what you think of the Perfecto's while I concentrate on coming up with a replacement of the Vito's Tobacco for my Bootlegger's Perfecto Virginia and Perfecto Maduro.

Oh sheesh! Not to worry, comrade. Settle in to your new place. I will send you my snail mail address for a sample of the Perfect blends. Peace be to you.

Also...I'll let you know what that Vitos juice is like.

Happy shaving!

TVB looks like they’ve changed focus to vaping. So they have a new domain. But they’ve still got shaving items, including (it looks like) Vito’s Colonia Tobacco.

I love Bay Rum and I have been using the Dominica Bay Rum for decades. It is no longer produced and I am almost out of my 10 year old bottle. I’m curious about the Bootlegger BAy Rum. If I paid you postage, would anyone kindly send me a small sample? I can post my review after I try it.

JCarr

Still loving the Eldorado and just ordered the ingredients to mix up batches of your two Bay Rum recipes.

I used El Dorado today. It's very quickly become one of my favorite aftershaves. I alternate between Bootlegger's El Dorado and Bootlegger's Bay Rum.

Just mixed up a batch of the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum. Haven't used that yet though.

Vitos Colonia Tabacco is hard to find. Lots of vendors in Italy seem to carry it, but I'm passing on that shipping charge.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

I used El Dorado today. It's very quickly become one of my favorite aftershaves. I alternate between Bootlegger's El Dorado and Bootlegger's Bay Rum.

Just mixed up a batch of the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum. Haven't used that yet though.

Vitos Colonia Tabacco is hard to find. Lots of vendors in Italy seem to carry it, but I'm passing on that shipping charge.

When I created the Perfecto’s Vito’s Colonia Tobacco was widely available in n the U.S. when it suddenly couldn’t be found, I ordered a lifetime supply from Slovenia in Europe. While the shipping was expensive for 10 bottles of the stuff, I chose to look at it like, “pay once hurt once”.

I enjoy them enough to make sure I always have it. 😊

Top Bottom