What's new

How Much Time Do You Spend Shaving?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
You shave in the evenings? Does your shave last long enough during the day at work? I never thought about shaving to be relaxing experience unless it’s being done by a barber. :) While shaving with an electric shaver my mind could clear. However, shaving with a blade my mind would not be clear at all but worrying about shedding my blood. :)

My job requires a ton of very high stress multitasking. When I shave, I get to silence the multitude of simultaneous tasks that normally occupy my consciousness and concentrate on the one task at hand, shaving. It's just a real pleasure to be able to focus all of my attention on one very specific task.

It relaxes me tremendously. Plus, my wife really digs it.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Wow! Those are very fast times. Obviously, practice makes perfect. If I shaved that quickly I would surely cut myself.

I pretty much only do 2 passes. WTG and then ATG most everywhere, but XTG on trouble spots where ATG is likely to cause issues.

I take eight to ten minutes to finish a DE wet shave. I don't do three-pass shaves, one pass is usually enough, two if the blade's a bit old. I don't want DE shaving to be much more cumbersome than using single blade disposables, as I had done for much of my life. I'm fortunate that single blades had been enough for me!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Depends on the motivation. If it's just a simple shave with all the regular stuff, it all takes less than five minutes. If I'm trying something new, or using a razor I'm less fluid with, it may well take me longer. I doubt it takes me longer than ten minutes though, unless you count the time to strop a straight, portion up a new serving of soap (I don't put the whole soap out anymore - just 20g or so), or other peripheral activities.

I haven't timed myself so I think I'm going to do just that since you've sparked my own curiosity. But I think that I am in the neighborhood of between 20 and 30 minutes from the point where I first start to apply some pre-shave oil to the point that I apply my aftershave splash. I'm sure whether I use a cream or a soap has an impact on the amount of time I spend. What I am not including is the time it takes me to pick out the razor, brush, lather bowl and cream/soap I plan to use. I'll update once I've timed myself. Should be interesting.......to me at least.

Top Bottom