What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Todays Shave

Robert Klaas Crane Brand 5/8th
Dr. Jon's Krampus Shave Soap
Simpson chubby 2 best badger
English Leather by Mem

Just given this razor a clean up and polish, then on the hones it went stropped on a Tony Miller Old No 2. Oh boy todays shave was wonderful 2 pass and a DFS very impressed how this razor handles...

29.jpg

This mornings shave was borderline frivolous! I am currently off schedule with my shaves but nonetheless it went very well!
Prep-Hot Shower
Razor-Greis & Co 7/8 Solingen
Brush-Custom boar in Ultem.
Soap-TABAC
After-the usual, GJ alum, and homebrew Lime splash.
Results-BBS
IMG_20191018_092522__01__01.jpg

The razor formerly known as "My Nemesis". Great shave from the KT.View attachment 1026781
Dave this post really makes me happy, and I'm not being sarcastic.
Todays Shave

Robert Klaas Crane Brand 5/8th
Dr. Jon's Krampus Shave Soap
Simpson chubby 2 best badger
English Leather by Mem

Just given this razor a clean up and polish, then on the hones it went stropped on a Tony Miller Old No 2. Oh boy todays shave was wonderful 2 pass and a DFS very impressed how this razor handles...

View attachment 1026988
That's a really nice razor Ian, but to tell the truth the lid of that shaving soap always makes me feel a bit uneasy, but that says more about me than about anything else.
This mornings shave was borderline frivolous! I am currently off schedule with my shaves but nonetheless it went very well!
Prep-Hot Shower
Razor-Greis & Co 7/8 Solingen
Brush-Custom boar in Ultem.
Soap-TABAC
After-the usual, GJ alum, and homebrew Lime splash.
Results-BBS
View attachment 1027060
That's a very elegant and tasteful razor. Right up my alley, thank you for sharing.

Today, after much hesitation, I finally managed to let go of the Il Coloniali croap. It must have been more than two, perhaps three, months since I shaved with another soap. Then again I thought that it was better to be safe than sorry and choose Martin de Candre as replacement.

The razor however is the same as yesterday

20191017_061055.jpg

Today, after much hesitation, I finally managed to let go of the Il Coloniali croap. It must have been more than two, perhaps three, months since I shaved with another soap. Then again I thought that it was better to be safe than sorry and choose Martin de Candre as replacement.

The razor however is the same as yesterday

View attachment 1027289
Ooooooo! That's a beauty!!! I'm not much for white/lighter-colored scales but man that is one gorgeous blade!!! I miss my I coloniali too bad it's not produced any more... I had put it in a brute deodorant stick container years ago when I first started wet shaving. Finding something to replace it was so much of a task that I gave up.
15714927925627227883770725736526.jpg

Ooooooo! That's a beauty!!! I'm not much for white/lighter-colored scales but man that is one gorgeous blade!!! I miss my I coloniali too bad it's not produced any more... I had put it in a brute deodorant stick container years ago when I first started wet shaving. Finding something to replace it was so much of a task that I gave up.View attachment 1027291
Yes it truly is a great soap, I ran out of it a couple of years ago. When I ventilated my feelings about it in this forum, a true gentlemen sent me two that he had saved. I am very grateful, and I've still got one left.

Yes it truly is a great soap, I ran out of it a couple of years ago. When I ventilated my feelings about it in this forum, a true gentlemen sent me two that he had saved. I am very grateful, and I've still got one left.

Good things to good people;)
When I used to travel for the company that I work for it was my go-to soap, that along with my custom handle mini badger and a 1920s Gillette open comb that was Duracoated in flat black! Man those were better times!

That's a really nice razor Ian, but to tell the truth the lid of that shaving soap always makes me feel a bit uneasy, but that says more about me than about anything else.

Arne!!!! He is one of my guardians for my razors, and the others I dont like seeing so beware they are evil.... Trust me :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:

I Colonial Soap

Oh yes Arne!!! it sure is good soap and its a pity they stopped making it, I'm the same as you I still have 1 and a quarter tubs left so I use it now with caution as I dont want to run out. Yes I know its going to happen...:c7::c7::c7:

Top Bottom