What's new

Lather bowls

The Chubby 2 and the D R Harris bowl were made for each other.

My conclusion as well. Same opening size (4.5") as the Captain's Choice and Fine bowls, but slightly deeper (2.5") to keep lather from overflowing, yet no clinking on the walls with your brush.

If you like buying DRH refills, this is much better option as soap container than the wooden bowls. It won't warp and get messy with spilling protolather. The best price I could find was from Connaught, that's where I got mine.

I only have the ones that come free with my proraso ant this old spice one that I have some Palmolive in .

4ff09720e79603.74813130.jpg

oh this isn't actualy mine its a pic of one like mine minus the lid .
4ff09720e79603.74813130.jpg

My conclusion as well. Same opening size (4.5") as the Captain's Choice and Fine bowls, but slightly deeper (2.5") to keep lather from overflowing, yet no clinking on the walls with your brush.

If you like buying DRH refills, this is much better option as soap container than the wooden bowls. It won't warp and get messy with spilling protolather. The best price I could find was from Connaught, that's where I got mine.
I've had mine for several years, my Grandson got away with my Chubby 2, so I'm stuck with my Simpsons Eagles. :laugh:

I've used nothing but the CC copper bowl since I got it. Very nice.

C

Glad you like it. One of my attractions to the copper is durability. I love the ceramic and hope I have it for many years to come, but if I ever drop it or knock it off the counter I assume it will at least crack, if not shatter. If that happens if I don't already have one of the copper ones (which is highly likely lol) that would be it's replacement.

Glad you like it. One of my attractions to the copper is durability. I love the ceramic and hope I have it for many years to come, but if I ever drop it or knock it off the counter I assume it will at least crack, if not shatter. If that happens if I don't already have one of the copper ones (which is highly likely lol) that would be it's replacement.

I think about the fragility of ceramic every time I use my MWF soap! Scary!

C

I think about the fragility of ceramic every time I use my MWF soap! Scary!

C

I do the same every time I use my hand thrown lather bowls. I make every effort to be very careful. And in spite of that I know that there will come a day when my attention drifts for that split second and one of them is reduced to 1,000 pieces.

I've been eyeing some really beautiful ones on etsy, they're ceramic with some nice textures in them. Wide variety of colors and shapes.

The real question is what SIZE lather bowl/mug do you love?

I've been eyeing some really beautiful ones on etsy, they're ceramic with some nice textures in them. Wide variety of colors and shapes.

Yeah, Etsy has some really nice stuff.

An opening of 10.5cm (a little more than 4 inches) in diameter works really well for me. Fits nicely in my not-so-large hands, and big enough that the brush isn't banging onto the sides. I could probably go up to 11 or 11.5cm, but that is the limit for me. I also typically only need enough for one, max two, passes, so the bowl holds plenty for my purposes.

My preferred bowl is about 5 1/2 inches in interior diameter. It's about 2 3/8 inches deep. I could probably reduce the diameter by about half an inch , but I wouldn't want to go much smaller. I like to have all three passes of lather mixed up before I start and I have tried the fine accoutrements lather bowls ( and the captain's choice bowl seems to have similar dimensions ) and they are just way too shallow for my style. I found myself working harder at keeping the lather in than in mixing it up. Very frustrating.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I jumped in and ordered the Timeless Shave Bowl after discovering Maggard offered huge shipping discounts for limited time yesterday.
Although I have been wanting the shave bowl for awhile but the cost of shipping to Malaysia is more than double the price...until now.
Can't wait for it to arrive and hope it will be as good as all of you said it is...

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Just bought this with a $5 CAD coupon it came to $5.15 CAD shipped from turkey.
gallery
Handmade-Hammered-Turkish-Copper-Shaving-Bowl-Brush-Safety-Razor-Holder-Mug

Ordered mine awhile back. It just arrived yesterday.

Used it today but selected the La Toja Stick so no bowl lathering.

Soaked my brush and used the water to 'dip the tips'. The bowl performed these duties admirably and looked good doing them.

Seems to be a nice bowl. I am sure it will assist with producing a nice lather, when asked. :)

Just a cheap salsa bowl I picked up at Fred Meyer/Kroger. $4 for a set of 3. Textured inside, works great for whipping up luxurious lather.

Attachments

• IMG_20191120_032511451.jpg
    IMG_20191120_032511451.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
I use Stirling "Collapsible Silicone Shaving Bowl" and it's insane how good those agitators on the bottom work. I almost feel like I'm cheating when lathering in that thing :D

I use Stirling "Collapsible Silicone Shaving Bowl" and it's insane how good those agitators on the bottom work. I almost feel like I'm cheating when lathering in that thing :D
Yes....I saw that bowl in action and it was my top choice over the timeless but the shipping cost puts a damper to my enthusiasm...
Hope you enjoy it...the color choices is great!

Top Bottom