What's new

Lather bowls

Waiting on my lather bowl from timeless.

What lather bowl do you use? Which has been the best lather bowl for you if you use one.

Ive realised that face lathering might have been causing my skin sensitivity. Changed to a synthetic brush though which has really helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really bowl lather, but I have two I will load from, a Bodum Spice bowl (got it from Goodwill), and a bowl that was once part of a full set from my parents house, no markings, but a rough texture.

I have six that I use in my rotation but I'd have to say that only the two ceramic, the copper and the stainless one gets used regularly. Occasionally I use the travel scuttle during the coldest months. The salsa bowl may get used once a year, just for the heck of it. And the stainless one with the lid is my travel bowl believe it or not. I like it because it has a lid so I can put stuff in it and it's super light. Weighs almost nothing. And it was super cheap. Like less than $3 so I won't be upset if it gets lost, stolen or damaged. I'm actually considering on adding one to the collection. A Captain's Choice Copper (the heavy one) lather bowl. It looks absolutely perfect from a size and proportion standpoint. I'm just not up to shelling out $50 right now.

IMG_0240.jpeg
IMG_0238.jpeg

IMG_0242.jpeg

IMG_0907.jpeg

IMG_0241.jpeg

IMG_0389.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got the timeless (which I enjoy), a marvy mug, a generic plastic mug, a captain's choice ceramic and a georgetown pottery scuttle. During the winter I like the scuttle best, but during the summer the Captain is my choice.

Ceramic soup mug for uberlathering. Proraso plastic mug to soak brushes. I load refill pucks from ceramic DR Harris bowl but it works for lathering with smaller brushes as well.

I use a salsa dip bowl I bought at a junk store. It has subtle texturizing in the plastic. It works great.
+1 for salsa bowls...mine's from the Dollar Tree (2 pack/$1). Love the micro-texturing and it fits great in my hand. I used to use an apothecary style mug, which I also liked very much, but it slipped out of my hand and cracked in the sink. The plastic salsa bowl is naturally immune to such calamities.

Bowl_For_Samples.jpg

I have six that I use in my rotation but I'd have to say that only the two ceramic, the copper and the stainless one gets used regularly. Occasionally I use the travel scuttle during the coldest months. The salsa bowl may get used once a year, just for the heck of it. And the stainless one with the lid is my travel bowl believe it or not. I like it because it has a lid so I can put stuff in it and it's super light. Weighs almost nothing. And it was super cheap. Like less than $3 so I won't be upset if it gets lost, stolen or damaged. I'm actually considering on adding one to the collection. A Captain's Choice Copper (the heavy one) lather bowl. It looks absolutely perfect from a size and proportion standpoint. I'm just not up to shelling out $50 right now.

View attachment 1026232View attachment 1026231

View attachment 1026233

View attachment 1026234

View attachment 1026235

View attachment 1026236

View attachment 1026237

Beautiful collection.

Here are my favorites that give me the best results: in back is Pereira's, Timeless, in front is Parker, and Fine.

lather bowls.JPG

The one that works best for me is the Pereira's bowl. It has a lot of nubs in the bottom and ridges up the sides of it. Helps a lot to create lather. But I think I enjoy using the Timeless the most because it is a little more compact.

Pereiras.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom