What's new

Controling Powerpoint with second PC

I have a situation in which I want to control a PowerPoint presentation that is on a computer (that is connected to a projector) at the back of the room with a computer at the front of the room. Is this possible?

So... if I understand, the presentation is on computer A, connected to a projector.
You're somewhere else in the same room, and want to control the presentation? Do you just need to click forward and back on slides, or something more complex? You can get remote clickers for PowerPoints, that's probably easier than any cludgy two-computer solution; alternately run a cable from your computer to the projector, still don't need a second computer.

So... if I understand, the presentation is on computer A, connected to a projector.
You're somewhere else in the same room, and want to control the presentation? Do you just need to click forward and back on slides, or something more complex? You can get remote clickers for PowerPoints, that's probably easier than any cludgy two-computer solution; alternately run a cable from your computer to the projector, still don't need a second computer.
I was hoping for something that will allow me to see the next slide or choose a slide out of order.

Right now I'm using "office remote for Android" Allows me to do this but I'm hoping for something with a larger screen.

Remote desktop control?
The issue is that the projector computer in back is running other software that is doing other things. Can a remote desktop just view a select screen?

Something like Splashtop will let you control a remote PC, but I don't recall seeing any app that will allow both computers to have different displays on the monitors.

Top Bottom