What's new

Badger and Synthetic Mix??

I have not used it , that is why I am asking for info about how it preformed.
So I finally got to use my custom CS brush with the Fan fiction 26mm knot. Beautiful brush and I had high expectations for it.

Craving Shaving 'A Shade of Jade' Mix knot brush.jpg

I first cleaned up the knot with a shampoo/conditioner. When I hand lathered the brush, I definitely felt the springiness. It was not easy to splay and the bristles were slightly pokey on my hands.

Once I lathered up with the brush, I felt the scrub and prickliness on the face. Nowhere close to Pure badgers but it was still there. I'd say it's slightly better than best badger but more scrubby than 2-band finest. I think the synthetic fibers are on the thicker side and that is contributing to the scrub and prickliness. Also, an interesting point is that when the brush is splayed out all the way, it feels a lot better and closer to the feel of a 2-band finest badger.

IMG_20191013_152146271~2.jpg

It definitely performs well. It whips up a great lather in no time but it is quite scrubby on the face. This is not a daily driver for me but 2-3 day growth brush. I'm hoping that it breaks in as I use it more but I know synthetics tend to either be soft forever or rough forever. I'm keeping it for now but I'm slightly bummed out about the face feel.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So I finally got to use my custom CS brush with the Fan fiction 26mm knot. Beautiful brush and I had high expectations for it.

View attachment 1025759

I first cleaned up the knot with a shampoo/conditioner. When I hand lathered the brush, I definitely felt the springiness. It was not easy to splay and the bristles were slightly pokey on my hands.

Once I lathered up with the brush, I felt the scrub and prickliness on the face. Nowhere close to Pure badgers but it was still there. I'd say it's slightly better than best badger but more scrubby than 2-band finest. I think the synthetic fibers are on the thicker side and that is contributing to the scrub and prickliness. Also, an interesting point is that when the brush is splayed out all the way, it feels a lot better and closer to the feel of a 2-band finest badger.

View attachment 1025760

It definitely performs well. It whips up a great lather in no time but it is quite scrubby on the face. This is not a daily driver for me but 2-3 day growth brush. I'm hoping that it breaks in as I use it more but I know synthetics tend to either be soft forever or rough forever. I'm keeping it for now but I'm slightly bummed out about the face feel.
Hope it works out for you

“prickly”...yeah, I’d agree with that. I shaved with it once, then PIFed the knot.
I understand why you PIF'd it. I was a bit concerned because of it and it was prickly. But after couple uses and soaking the knot, it dialed back and it only has scrub now. Still a scrubby brush but it's now usable and enjoyable.

Top Bottom