Has anyone heard about recent
Price increases of razors on the
Wolfman Website or the Google
Order form. For example solid &
Hollow handle prices. Or basic vs
Mirror finishe prices.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Raising the price of a practically unobtanium razor with a near-cult following....you're kidding!!! I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!!! :lol:

Okay, I'm just being a jerk -- chalk it up to a serious case of Wolfman-envy. :blushing:

He added a basic polish option for less money and increased the price on mirror finishes. This all happened about a month or so ago. I just looked at the website and don't see any additional increases in pricing.

I ordered a standard polish...I just would not be able to get over dinging or scratching the mirror finish, and I am pretty certain that somehow and at some point, I would. Looking forward to my WR2 head whenever it gets to me. I am patient and happy to spend good money for a master-quality razor.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Raising the price of a practically unobtanium razor with a near-cult following....you're kidding!!! I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!!! :lol:

Okay, I'm just being a jerk -- chalk it up to a serious case of Wolfman-envy. :blushing:
Funny

but true

The cost to order a complete SS razor with handle(standard size) with the mirror polished finish, which is what Wolfman is famous for, now costs 750 CAD. To get a hollow handle add 30 CAD more. The Titanium currently is only available in a basic brushed finish, which does show machining marks.

Has anyone heard about recent
Price increases of razors on the
Wolfman Website or the Google
Order form. For example solid &
Hollow handle prices. Or basic vs
Mirror finishe prices.
Anyone
heard
about
price increase
of razors?

Aren't the prices published on the Wolfman website? Aren't they public?
Why should anyone hear about something that is publicly available?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Anyone
heard
about
price increase
of razors?

Aren't the prices published on the Wolfman website? Aren't they public?
Why should anyone hear about something that is publicly available?
so you heard that you can look that up on the interwebs?

If you are not familiar with the Wolfman website, it is not obvious to click on a link that says sold out to find out the true cost of building a complete razor, and since the link says sold out the majority of time I see no other place on the site to build a razor for the full price.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
When I purchased my Wolfman it was $200 CAD.

If you couldn't keep up with the demand wouldn't you raise prices?

His mirror polish is really out of the world. If anyone manages to order one through his site or Google form, he should go for that finish IMO. All Wolfman owners should have at least one of that unique finish...
My BBS-1 have a mirror polish head and the handle is satin. That is a great combo too. Too bad he does not offer that anymore. The WR1 I own is all mirror polished and it looks great too.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Supply and demand IMO!
Absolutely, sir -- I was just being "cheeky" -- but that's exactly it!

I hope to try one someday -- it's too much of an investment at this point for me to just "pick one up" -- but I'll admit that I'm a little frightened as well....if I fell in love, I don't think the LOTH would be convinced of the economic argument ("But honey, it's just supply and demand"). :nonod:

I wish he'd raise his prices more. There needs to be a price increase to better balance supply and demand in order to block out those who simply buy to resell for profit.

@Shavemd It’s only a Wolfman head without the handle (in great condition but then who’s going to mess up their Wolfie) for nearly the same price as what I paid for a Titanium Wolfman through the website s few weeks ago.

A Wolfman head only, which will need to be "married" with another handle, is not for me and I suspect most posters on here.

When I purchased my Wolfman it was $200 CAD.

If you couldn't keep up with the demand wouldn't you raise prices?
More like what a supposed expert does to increases prices after blowing sunshine u p everyone's lower posterior's which is suppress supply. Undersell so you can over deliver when pushed by a customer for any given order while feigning being overworked and not having enough time to fullfill demand. Then when the mark later figures it out that a high price piece of metal doesn't get the job done better than a sub $100 razor with the same geometries for the razor head they go on about craftsmanship instead of calling it for what it is so they can offload their overpriced tool they now are billing as artwork to someone else so as to not take a loss on something they should have never bought in the first place.

Other's may differ but that is my take on this.

A Wolfman head only, which will need to be "married" with another handle, is not for me and I suspect most posters on here.

+1 If I was to pay for that legendary premium finished razor I’d want to whole thing even the box/paperwork.

Also I thought Dufour (Wolfman) looks very unfavorably on those flipping his razors for profit. Rumor has it he won’t sell again to “flippers”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom